BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it was to much car for me , it only lasted 6000 miles before I smashed it into a guard rail and it was considered a total loss but I did have way too much fun with it , so much fun that at 3000 miles I had to replace the clutch . I was going to Irwindale Drag races every Thurs night and driving the hell out of the car . Well before the tow truck came to take the car I pulled off what I guess is the engine cover (the big black cover that says M3 on it and has the 4 ports on each side , sits on top of the motor) Anyone know how much they go for and what would be a good deal or fair price to sell it for also what is it a engine cover or is there a technical term for it . I got a CPO 750 now and it is half the car compared to a M3 2009 convertable , the M was a monster now I feel like a old man in the 7 .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a 1/8 of a mile not a quarter miles drag my best was 92 MPH I had active works do what ever they do to the computer for $400 at bimmer fest they set up lunch control and removed the limiters I can't remember the times either low 10 or high 9 this was over a year ago , but the last time I went I was in the area when you get your tires hot so I put it in 2nd gear and spun the tires , then the signal guy told us to line up , I rolled over the starting line by a foot , so I went to put the car in reverse so I could line up and and it would not go into reverse (this was a Brand New 2009 M3 with like 5000 like on it ) anyways the signal guy told me not to worry about it and that they would ajust the take off lights ( I guess I would go a fraction of a second later than who ever was in the next lane , anyways the lights flash green I take off 1 st gear no problem 2nd gear no problem all of a sudden it wont go into 3rd gear anyways , I drove back to the staging area wated like an hour for the clutch to cool off and then the car drove fine home , but I could feel that the clutch was slipping , took it to the dealer and I coundnt beleiev it they replaced it ( I was waiting for them to say that it was my fualt) I am not very good at drag racing but after about 7 trips to the drag strip and about 14 runs down the track I needed a new clutch , it was lots of fun but I think a a 60 V8 car that you dont drive every day would be better for that kind of entetrtainment or a classic Mini cooper with a V honda Vtech engine

·
Mace
817 Posts
. <These are free. Throw in a few here and there and you'll be amazed at how quickly random typing begins to look like english.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.