BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mr. aspen silver
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow im going to stop by a shop to get my exhaust done on my 540i
i have a m rear bumper and i was planning on going with the quad look.
but most members have advise me that ill lose power ..so i should go with a single .
so i noticed my car has 2 pipes . should i bring both pipes together and out to that 1 muffler or just leave the passenger side piping alone and worry about the driver side ?
ahh sorry for the poorly worded problem im having lol..... just want to get it out the way
i reaaaally want the quad look :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
should do a search..i believe you'll need to cut into the spare wheel well in order to fit dual mufflers..

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
should do a search..i believe you'll need to cut into the spare wheel well in order to fit dual mufflers..
Just about to mention that and you beat me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
44 Posts
with those mufflers you might be able to get away with just pounding in the trunk well without having to do any sheet metal work. i ran my car with just tips and no "can" so i had to bang the well with a hammer a few good times just to get those tips in. i had no cutting done.

and as for power, i didn't really notice a difference. i had a custom x-pipe welded on as well and removed my resonator along with it.

·
Registered
2015 F80 M3, 2011 E70 X5
718 Posts
with those mufflers you might be able to get away with just pounding in the trunk well without having to do any sheet metal work. i ran my car with just tips and no "can" so i had to bang the well with a hammer a few good times just to get those tips in. i had no cutting done.

and as for power, i didn't really notice a difference. i had a custom x-pipe welded on as well and removed my resonator along with it.
What does that sound like?

·
mr. aspen silver
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cold start up is loud. once warm and cruising at around 3200 rpm it has a smooth throaty note. if that makes any sense. lol. i'll have to get a video clip up one of these days.
throaty lmfaooo:rofl::thumbup: .... please get me a pic of how much hammering u had to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts