Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'll have mine with stick please. And the Mazdaspeed version.

Oh and I don't mind a Mazdaspeed hatchback either.

sure, I'll take the navigation system too...

T

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Now this is a good-looking station wagon!

clyde325xiT said:
:confused:Someone must be moonlighting

Other than a slight V-shaped dip in the grill, I see very little similarity.

And I do think the Mazda looks pretty sharp.

Teej- What have you seen re: price? Cheap enough and that's a great third car.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Now this is a good-looking station wagon!

TD said:

Other than a slight V-shaped dip in the grill, I see very little similarity.
In addition to the V shaped grill (which is corporate mazda these days)...

The three lower ports with very similar proportions, canted in opposite directions.

A very similar rake (based on these possibly misleading photos) to the leading edges of the bumpers.

Similar proportionate distance from the bottom of grill to the top of the lower center port.

Similar power dome proportions foward of the wheel centerline.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Re: Now this is a good-looking station wagon!

oh well, FWIW I think the Mazda looks much better! I don't hate the RSX, in fact for a while I was even thinking about getting it (cuz its supposed to be a blast to drive, even being FWD), but the 6 just looks better to me. Seems more..um..together.

clyde325xiT said:

In addition to the V shaped grill (which is corporate mazda these days)...

The three lower ports with very similar proportions, canted in opposite directions.

A very similar rake (based on these possibly misleading photos) to the leading edges of the bumpers.

Similar proportionate distance from the bottom of grill to the top of the lower center port.

Similar power dome proportions foward of the wheel centerline.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Re: Re: Re: Now this is a good-looking station wagon!

TD said:

Teej- What have you seen re: price? Cheap enough and that's a great third car.
quoting Autoweek... "Starting price for all this significance is said to echo 626 pricing, so look for bidding to open at around $18,500. "

http://www.autoweek.com/search/search_display.mv?port_code=&cat_code=coverstory&content_code=08992647&Search_Type=STD&Search_ID=436291&record=2

Edit - and from Car and Driver:

As for the bottom line, Mazda says the 6 should come in where the 626 left off, so expect prices in the $19,000-to-$22,000 range. With those window stickers, as well as the stylish hatchback and wagon arriving on the heels of the sedan, Mazda may find that its slice of the pie doubles.

2003 MAZDA 6
Vehicle type: front-engine, <b>front-wheel-drive (oh I was under the impression it was going to be RWD) </b>, 5-passenger, 4- or 5-door sedan or wagon
Estimated base price: $19,000-$22,000
Engines: DOHC 16-valve 2.3-liter 4-in-line, 150 hp, 152 lb-ft; DOHC 24-valve 3.0-liter V-6, 219 hp, 202 lb-ft
Transmissions 5-speed manual, 4- or 5-speed automatic with lockup torque converter
Wheelbase 105.3 in
Length 186.8 in
Width 70.1 in
Height 56.7 in
Curb weight 3050-3350 lb

C/D-estimated performance (V-6, 5-sp auto):
Zero to 60 mph 8.0 sec
Standing 1/4-mile 16.2 sec @ 89 mph
Top speed (drag limited) 130 mph

Projected fuel economy:
EPA city driving 20-26 mpg
EPA highway driving 26-32 mpg

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now this is a good-looking station wagon!

Teej said:
oh well, FWIW I think the Mazda looks much better! I don't hate the RSX, in fact for a while I was even thinking about getting it (cuz its supposed to be a blast to drive, even being FWD), but the 6 just looks better to me. Seems more..um..together.
I'm not saying that I think that they look the same...I don't. I see a good bit more than a passing resemblence in the two cars.

FWIW (probably very little :D), I think the RSX is bland, boring and as devoid of character as a bar of soap halfway through its useful lifespan and the Mazda displays a such a huge number of trendy design cues that in the future it will wear its age about as well as mid/late 70 GM american cars.

·
3,762 Posts
That's the 626? Looks nice, certainly more aggressive than its direct competition like the Accord, Camry, Taurus, etc.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hey! That first pic has been by background for the past 2 weeks or so. I love that wagon, one of the last affordable midsize wagons available today. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
You got to hand it to mazda. They have really made a run at being a popular jap car. I would have no problem buying one, if my budget for a new car was in that price range. :thumbup:

the wagon is nice, but that 6 is a really nice looking sedan

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Ripsnort said:
"Good looking" and "Station wagon" should never be used in the same sentence. (IMO) :p :lmao:
Watch it Rip ...................:mad: Those are fighting words:flipoff:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Ripsnort said:
Hehe, I would have bet $100 that you'd be the first to respond! ;)
That was too easy of a bet:bigpimp:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Mystikal said:
Hey Phil, your rims remind me of the grill that covers the fan blades in a oscillating fan. You need some Type-III's. :p
Ok Clem Jr. :eeps: Don't even get me started on the ACS wheels, I want to keep my happy home ;) :(

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Mystikal said:

I can't believe you had the balls to call his car ricey. :yikes:
That's me the Amish dare devil:bigpimp:

He knows I have nothing but respect and admiration for him:rolleyes: :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Mike 325xi said:

Big greenhouse on wheels IMO :D
I believe you'll be seeing a lot of this greenhouse's tail come Friday:) :flipoff:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts