BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,184 Posts
atyclb said:
that's weird...you can get a Mazda3 with NAV but not the 6 wagon? :confused:
i don't think you coud get a nav on the Mazda 6 ... its strange since there is a space inthe dashboard whee it could pop up from just like on the RX8 ...

·
Here since day one
7,184 Posts
jw said:
Not very keen on FWD. While my wife's car is fun to drive and very quick, I prefer being pushed not pulled. Seems the new RL comes w/ AWD. Does the TL have it now too?

When I drove the E320 I thought it was mushy compared to the 530 and 545 that I drove. The CTS has a sportier ride than the M-B, imo. I think you're right about the M35. Really looks like a nice car that meets almost every requirement I've got. But they'll kill me on the lease and I don't want to buy a car at this time since I might be buying a H-D in a couple months. Another year from now I might consider a purchase.

I'm starting to think I'll just wait it out. Looking at my schedule I'm actually too busy over the next few weeks to deal with this all. Sometimes its better to not be presented with options.
What is an H-D ?

Also would you consider the G35x ? It would fit in your price range without any problem and I know hte dealers around here at least are loaded with them.
How about the A6 as well ? I think they finally have decent lease prices on them.

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
AF said:
What is an H-D ?

Also would you consider the G35x ? It would fit in your price range without any problem and I know hte dealers around here at least are loaded with them.
How about the A6 as well ? I think they finally have decent lease prices on them.
The G35 was uncomfortable. The seat controls felt like they would be a problem in the long run. I'll have to check out the A6. I must admit the front end is butt ugly though. As for H-D ....

·
Here since day one
7,184 Posts
jw said:
The G35 was uncomfortable. The seat controls felt like they would be a problem in the long run. I'll have to check out the A6. I must admit the front end is butt ugly though. As for H-D ....
They supposedly made the 2005 seats more comfortable and the seat controls while in the same place are supposed to be less of an annoyance ...

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Picked up the brochure for the M today and took a quick look during lunch. It's looking like this could be my next car.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
jw said:
Picked up the brochure for the M today and took a quick look during lunch. It's looking like this could be my next car.
Great! That way, if I'm ever down your way, I can stop and visit. :angel:

·
Senior Slacker
5,646 Posts
jw said:
I have yet to see one in the flesh but it sounds like it has all the right stuff. I'll be intereted in the baby seat fit test.:eeps:

·
Family Man User
5,540 Posts
jw said:
Get Nick as your salesman. He's great. (This is assuming you went to Rosenthal.)

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
vexed said:
I have yet to see one in the flesh but it sounds like it has all the right stuff. I'll be intereted in the baby seat fit test.:eeps:
I think it only looks good in black, with the big Sport wheels.

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
swchang said:
Get Nick as your salesman. He's great. (This is assuming you went to Rosenthal.)
Do you know all the dealerships in town? I'm already dealing with Nick. :D

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
SARAFIL said:
I think it only looks good in black, with the big Sport wheels.
What are you supposed to do for snow tires for that thing? Guess a set of 18" rims and some snowshoes or allseasons. :dunno:

·
Family Man User
5,540 Posts
jw said:
Do you know all the dealerships in town? I'm already dealing with Nick. :D
Working on Maryland now... :)

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
swchang said:
Working on Maryland now... :)
Nick took me out for a test drive in a M35x today. Had me take it to the Wolf Trap parking lot to do doughnuts and do some hard brake testing. :D Then made a special offer on that particular car when we got back to the dealership. :lmao:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
jw said:
Pondering a move to another car, asap.

Long story short...

My 9 mo. old '04 CTS is being exchanged for a new '05 model and being applied to the current terms of my 24 mo. lease. (collateral exchange) I'm generally pleased with the car but now I've got some options I didn't have last week.

Since I got the car at such a great price (GM Family), I'm tempted to drive the car to Carmax directly from the Caddilac dealership and sell it to pay off my lease. There's now 14 payments left and I'd probably wind up making a few thousand dollars on the deal.

Having done no recent research on current manufacturer offerings, I'd figure I'd ask the crowd.

Requirements: Fun to drive, worry free maintenance, must fit a family of 4 including carseat, and occasionally may drive a client or two. Lease payments in the 500-700 range.

Suggestions?
Hmmmm...

I have to say I really like the looks of the STS, seems like a nice classy ride for multi-use. I like the new Mercedes C350 also.

·
Family Man User
5,540 Posts
jw said:
Nick took me out for a test drive in a M35x today. Had me take it to the Wolf Trap parking lot to do doughnuts and do some hard brake testing. :D Then made a special offer on that particular car when we got back to the dealership. :lmao:
Heh, did you take him up on it?

He took me there, too, but in the M45 I test drove. Pretty impressive stuff, I have to say. I think every dealership in that area is bringing people to Wolf Trap now, though. My sister was looking at a RAV4 earlier, and the salesman brought her there to do donuts as well. :eek:

Any closer to a decision, BTW?

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
swchang said:
Heh, did you take him up on it?

He took me there, too, but in the M45 I test drove. Pretty impressive stuff, I have to say. I think every dealership in that area is bringing people to Wolf Trap now, though. My sister was looking at a RAV4 earlier, and the salesman brought her there to do donuts as well. :eek:

Any closer to a decision, BTW?
The car is very impressive without a doubt. Infiniti put together a nice package. I think a longer test drive is necessary before I make a final decision. Nick ran the numbers for me and they're right in my range. Just waiting for the legal paperwork to finish on my CTS and do the swap. That's supposed to be tomorrow. I guess there could be some fine print that prevents me from doing what I am considering, but if so, I could always balk and claim it as a lemon. So either way, I'm out of the car (if I choose). On the other hand, 14 more months in the CTS would be fine by me and I bet the M35 would be more negotiable by then. :)

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
flashinthepan said:
Hmmmm...

I have to say I really like the looks of the STS, seems like a nice classy ride for multi-use. I like the new Mercedes C350 also.
The STS-V is what's impressing me. Caddy just keeps ratcheting up.

Muscle cars have returned with a vengence! This time with Bluetooth, voice activated Nav, heated/cooling seats and of course DVD-A surround sound. :bigpimp:

·
Here since day one
7,184 Posts
jw ... I was looking into the M35x yesterday and was extremely impressed. It seems for $44 to $46k you get a car that is pretty loaded and is still cheaper then the A6, 530i & E320 ...

Are they offering asny discounts off msrp ?

How did you like the interior ... I think the dash design is a little funky in the pictures ...

·
Family Man User
5,540 Posts
If you're looking for a 5er type ride (excellent handling with a disconnected road feel due to major electronics and computerized everything) and autotragic tranny, then the M35x would be an excellent pickup.

jw, get yourself into the car. STS-V can wait another year or two. :thumbup:

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
AF said:
j
Are they offering asny discounts off msrp ?

How did you like the interior ... I think the dash design is a little funky in the pictures ...
No discounts at this point, but the residuals we 60+% on 3 yr leases. Most of the M35x are spec'd at $50k+. No cap cost reduction lease payments around $700.

The dash reminds me of sitting at a desk. Very different than the vertical dashes that I've been used to all my life. But the ergonomics of it and the usability seemed nice and I could get used to it for sure.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts