BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some really annoying electrical problems with my BMW. Has anyone else experienced this? My bulbs keep on blowing on my dash and on the A/M switch. My air conditioning unit panel had to be replaced because it would just die on me after a few minutes and this week my window is not rolling up or down and the car alarm is on the blink. I've been contemplating selling my car anyway but between all the maintanence costs this year with air pumps and oxygen sensors, and then these additional problems that keep costing me I was debating about keeping it. But if this is typical of the car from now on I may sell sooner! Please share your experiences. Thanks!

· Registered
410 Posts
The car is about 6 years old now, your bound to have these kinda problems. In your case, its weird, sounds like your car has some serious electrical problems. BMW maintence is expensive, and the only thing i can recommend is sell it, and get a new 3 series. :thumbup:

I have a 1996 BMW 318i, i haven't had any major problems with the car. I have owned the car for 4.5years and drove it 160,000km. Now the car has 240,000km. The car is starting to have some electrical issues such things as front siginal blinker going out, and back on, the lnterior lights dim, and so on. I have done so much work done on this car from 2002 the car went crazy with repairs, and these other issues, but nothing to major.

Thermostrat
Ball bearings ( 2 times)
alternator
battery
muffler
starter
water pump
and so on

Now the problems that arise in my car are, i need a new clutch, i need work done to the a/c / heating unit, serious overheating problems

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.