BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
F1, MotoGP & 'Ring addict
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have unused or partially used valid Nurburgring 2008 lap tickets that they want to sell me?

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also how much are the 1-lap, 4-lap, and 8-lap tickets this year?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Yea, I noticed the exorbitant cost as well. 21 euro ($33.18) per lap just to say I drove there, while the autobahn is free. If I decide to take the 128 km side trip from Frankfurt, I might just take a few pics while I'm there.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yea, I noticed the exorbitant cost as well. 21 euro ($33.18) per lap just to say I drove there, while the autobahn is free. If I decide to take the 128 km side trip from Frankfurt, I might just take a few pics while I'm there.
Blasphemer!

To be fair to the Nurburgring, comparing driving the greatest racetrack in the world to driving on the autobahn is like comparing playing golf at Pebble Beach to playing putt-putt.

-MrB

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
Yesterday I spent driving through the Black Forest from town to town, and that is more exciting the driving down the autobahn. My ring track toy rental is scheduled for next week.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yesterday I spent driving through the Black Forest from town to town, and that is more exciting the driving down the autobahn. My ring track toy rental is scheduled for next week.
No kidding. There were some roads between Karlsruhe and Baden Baden that were just awesome. Very windy, deserted, well paved. Excellent driving roads.

-MrB

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Dave, you cheap bastard!! What you did was the equivalent of showing up to the front gates of Disneyworld, and decided that the admission was "too expensive" and instead... goto the local park 3 blocks away and play in the Sandbox and Swings & Slides... Why??!! Because it was "FREE":rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Dave, you cheap bastard!! What you did was the equivalent of showing up to the front gates of Disneyworld, and decided that the admission was "too expensive" and instead... goto the local park 3 blocks away and play in the Sandbox and Swings & Slides... Why??!! Because it was "FREE":rolleyes:
Much more colorful analogy, Bee.

-MrB

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
No kidding. There were some roads between Karlsruhe and Baden Baden that were just awesome. Very windy, deserted, well paved. Excellent driving roads.

-MrB
We're a bit farther north today. A bit southeast outside of Frankfurt, we were following a local (my friend's cousin), and the roads in the forests between towns were awesome, even in my 1.6L Seat MPV. Anyone that spends their entire trip in cities and on the autobahn is missing the best parts of Germany.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Blasphemer!

To be fair to the Nurburgring, comparing driving the greatest racetrack in the world to driving on the autobahn is like comparing playing golf at Pebble Beach to playing putt-putt.

-MrB
There is simply nothing like the Nuerburgring anywhere else on this planet.

It is the most challenging and dangerous track and something that any true petrolhead has to experience!

Ed

·
Registered
868 Posts
There is simply nothing like the Nuerburgring anywhere else on this planet.

It is the most challenging and dangerous track and something that any true petrolhead has to experience!

Ed
I can't wait!

·
drives a Sawd-Off Shotgun
74 Posts
I'm goin

I simply gotta take my new 135 on that track....get the sticker and all that silly, goofy motorhead stuff....It's a passion...get it????

My ED is this July 29th

try this site for fun info http://www.benlovejoy.com/
If the first thing you see is a page full of pictures...click on the Nuerburgring picture...it should take you to the fun parts.

Hopefully the link I've supplied will go there immediately.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
I think each ticket is driver/car specific. I remember something about them being non-transferable. Although a machine checks your ticket as you enter the track they get eyeballed as well occasionally. Be sure to pick up a 'ring' sticker from one of the nearby gas stations or you will miss out on having one of the most sought after souvenirs of anyone's trip.
Imagine your BMW with a 'ring' outline decal on the stern which you earned the hard way. Very few people in the States will have any idea what it is, but those who know will be envious.
I bought a half dozen and gave them to friends, should have bought a hundred and sold them to posers.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think each ticket is driver/car specific. I remember something about them being non-transferable. Although a machine checks your ticket as you enter the track they get eyeballed as well occasionally. Be sure to pick up a 'ring' sticker from one of the nearby gas stations or you will miss out on having one of the most sought after souvenirs of anyone's trip.
Imagine your BMW with a 'ring' outline decal on the stern which you earned the hard way. Very few people in the States will have any idea what it is, but those who know will be envious.
I bought a half dozen and gave them to friends, should have bought a hundred and sold them to posers.
The tickets are fully transferrable. You can stand at the gate with a 4 lap ticket nad allow four cars through if you would like.

The tickets are valid to the end of the year.

Nobody should have a rin sticker on their car unless the car has been driven for at least one lap.

Special dispensation is granted for those who live across the water and drove some other car here.

The dispensation is granted directly from the Vatican by Pope Benedict.

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FYI - I went there with the intention of getting the 8-lap ticket for 135 EUR and paying by Visa. I believe they allow credit card payment for the 4-lap pass and above. I went there to find out their credit card machine had been down all day and was not coming back up. I barely had enough $ in a bank account to withdraw cash from a nearby ATM to come up with the 135 EUR. I almost didn't make it on! So the moral is if you're going all the way to the Ring, be prepared with the cash available just in case!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a couple tickets in my wallet. I'll try to get them checked tonight to see how many laps are left on them, and will sell laps for 15 Euros each.

Ed

·
*insert witty one liner*
257 Posts
I have a couple tickets in my wallet. I'll try to get them checked tonight to see how many laps are left on them, and will sell laps for 15 Euros each.

Ed
Hey Ed it looks like I'll be making it to the ring after all. We should be there How about that bier?

My girlfriend and I are staying in the Ringhaus hotel. Do you know anything about this hotel? There's not that much info on it here so I was hoping I could get an "ringsider's" opinion on it.

Right now it's look like we'll be spending the night of the 1st or 2nd there.

Also, if you've got a few laps worth of tickets I'd be happy to buy them from you!

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
Hey Ed it looks like I'll be making it to the ring after all. We should be there How about that bier?

My girlfriend and I are staying in the Ringhaus hotel. Do you know anything about this hotel? There's not that much info on it here so I was hoping I could get an "ringsider's" opinion on it.

Right now it's look like we'll be spending the night of the 1st or 2nd there.

Also, if you've got a few laps worth of tickets I'd be happy to buy them from you!
Lots of info about this place on the Ringers Forum. Google Ben Lovejoy. You will see some awesome cars in their driveway or 'carpark' as the Brits say. It's not 4 star but you can't beat the atmosphere.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
The tickets are fully transferrable. You can stand at the gate with a 4 lap ticket nad allow four cars through if you would like.

The tickets are valid to the end of the year.

Nobody should have a rin sticker on their car unless the car has been driven for at least one lap.

Special dispensation is granted for those who live across the water and drove some other car here.

The dispensation is granted directly from the Vatican by Pope Benedict
Of course! He's German.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts