·
Registered
7,553 Posts
You should check my Toyota Sienna.
Leaking struts.
Bad brake booster.
I think bushings are shot.
That is 80k.
In addition to that, liftgate hit bike rack and didn’t stop in time. Bent sheet metal that connects to hinges. Apparently, known problem that Toyota doesn’t want to acknowledge. Toyota wants, wait a minute……….
$5,000!!!

So, next time your valve cover gasket goes bad, remember this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Found the Search Button
2018 330i F30
1,868 Posts
Hey, let’s talk “reliable” minivans… our 2019 Honda Odyssey with 15k miles on it has had more recalls in two years than my 13 year old E92 did ever. The transmission is already having hard shifts (common, Honda denies is a problem) and the sliding doors are literally rubbing the paint off the car (also common).

I can’t wait to be out of warranty on this baby.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
Hey, let’s talk “reliable” minivans… our 2019 Honda Odyssey with 15k miles on it has had more recalls in two years than my 13 year old E92 did ever. The transmission is already having hard shifts (common, Honda denies is a problem) and the sliding doors are literally rubbing the paint off the car (also common).

I can’t wait to be out of warranty on this baby.
It seems to me the way Toyota, Honda operate is to just deny issues. I found it that Toyota has really bad brake booster, which new is around $900. My work colleague had Sienna and I was telling him about my break issue and he said: “oh I hd that issues!” I was thinking, great I can find out finally what is it short of disassembling parts. He said: “oh I never figured what was it. I was just fine with it. Great car though!”
I think they bank on customers that just believe whatever this narrative is: reliable etc. I mean they tried to sell me 17” donut for $305 while BMW was selling 18” donut for
$129.
My childhood friend bought 2017 Highlander that had new 8 speed transmission. 42 visits to dealership to resolve issue. Pretty much all 2017 AWD transverse models were affected, just for Toyota to say: what? Problems? Never heard. They told him that they are willing to take his car as trade in minus depreciation, of course. He traded for Chrysler Pacifica!
But new thing that I found amazing is mandatory brake booster replacement at 120k on Toyota’s with 2GR-FKS engine. $1,200 just for parts. And people are thrilled to pay for it, bcs. Toyota, the most boring vehicle to drive.

·
Officially a BMW Addict
1,137 Posts
Buy smart without emotion

·
Registered
124 Posts
My how this forum had changed -

Is a BMW an ultra expensive time bomb?

We pay a premium for the marque, then with time, this. What say ya'll?

View attachment 1043858

I hit the eject button around 70k when my 2011 328 became an oil sprinkler. I was spending almost every other Saturday at BMW for one reason or another. Now I have a 2021 accord sport. Not as nice but now I sleep at home on weekends instead of at BMW.

·
Officially a BMW Addict
1,137 Posts
I hit the eject button around 70k when my 2011 328 became an oil sprinkler. I was spending almost every other Saturday at BMW for one reason or another. Now I have a 2021 accord sport. Not as nice but now I sleep at home on weekends instead of at BMW.
Lame.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
2021? Did you sleep at home in 2011? Just wait when you find more gas in oil sump than oil.

·
Registered
124 Posts
2021? Did you sleep at home in 2011? Just wait when you find more gas in oil sump than oil.

I drove it from 2013 to 2020. At one point when they told me oil was again leaking from somewhere but not to worry because BMW was again picking up the repair cost, I asked how long BMW was going to continue to be my best friend with oil leaks. They said 10 years or 150k. Can't imagine how many issues it would have with more than twice the miles. Even as I was trading it in, something was going wrong. The Honda dealer said they didn't care because they were just going to auction it off.

Troll.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
I drove it from 2013 to 2020. At one point when they told me oil was again leaking from somewhere but not to worry because BMW was again picking up the repair cost, I asked how long BMW was going to continue to be my best friend with oil leaks. They said 10 years or 150k. Can't imagine how many issues it would have with more than twice the miles. Even as I was trading it in, something was going wrong. The Honda dealer said they didn't care because they were just going to auction it off.

Troll.
Mechanical state of vehicle is usually indicative of owners care.
Just wait until Honda tells you that “they don’t care” that your oil has 7-8% fuel in it, bcs. it is “normal.”

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mechanical state of vehicle is usually indicative of owners care.
Just wait until Honda tells you that “they don’t care” that your oil has 7-8% fuel in it, bcs. it is “normal.”

Not always. Mechanically it got everything that it should have or wanted when it should have it or when it wanted it. When I traded it in I threw away a stack of invoices that could choke a dinosaur. I took excellent care of it. I don't know what you're talking about as far as fuel mixing with oil. That was not a problem and Honda will do what they are required to do by law, just like everyone else.

·
Registered
E93 335i, somewhat mod <> Fog City, CA
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not always. Mechanically it got everything that it should have or wanted when it should have it or when it wanted it. When I traded it in I threw away a stack of invoices that could choke a dinosaur. I took excellent care of it. I don't know what you're talking about as far as fuel mixing with oil. That was not a problem and Honda will do what they are required to do by law, just like everyone else.

I've had 7 or 8 Hondas - very reliable. . Ride can be a bit bumpy -- not expensive to buy or keep.

Naturally I prefer a BMW, until it breaks.. BUT....current Accord is much more impressive than predecessors.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
Lol. You are driving Honda. You better get familiar with term “fuel dilution.” And no, law is irrelevant in this case.
Stack of invoices mean one thing: neglect.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
I've had 7 or 8 Hondas - very reliable. . Ride can be a bit bumpy -- not expensive to buy or keep.

Naturally I prefer a BMW, until it breaks.. BUT....current Accord is much more impressive than predecessors.

There is nothing impressive about vehicle “armed” with CVT! It is device against those that are living beings and behave like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts