BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm the new owner of a 2000 540i/6 and I have a question about the OBC. I've read the owner's manual, but I'm confused because the button that's pictured for the Clock/BC, on my car only has the little Clock symbol. I've done the button test when you hold down the left-most and right-most buttons as you turn on the ignition, and the littel clock button shows up as "U" in the test, no matter which side of it I push.

There is a BC on the turn signal stalk, and I can cycle through the dash display, including consumption, avg speed, etc. If I hold in the BC on the stalk, I get a PROG on the display, and the various functions show up along the MID buttons.

However, I don't seem to be able to bring up the BC functions on the MID (for example, to reset the CONS 1 or 2).

One other miscellaneous note - when I got the car the Audio/DSP button was missing, but my local independent service guy gave me the button from his collection of old 5 series parts. I was thinking that the little clock button was the wrong one, but the MID button test makes me think that there is only one contact behind it, not two (as in Clock/BC).

I hope this makes sense! Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess my basic question is - How do I reset the CONS1 or Average Speed calculators with only the BC on the turn signal stalk and no Clock/BC button on the MID?

·
Registered
91 Posts
From memory, if you pull up the BC menu on the MID, select CONS1, then push the righthand most botton on the MID which is the SET option, you'll reset your MPG calculator...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spinout - when the BC menu is on the MID, selecting the functiosn (like CONS1) just chooses which will display on the dash. It doesn't reset the calculator.

Tyrone - My friend has a '97 528i with only the clock button on the MID, but he also has the BC button on the turn signal stalk. If my 540i has the wrong MID panel installed, I'm still hoping that there is away to reset the calculators with some combination of stalk/button manipulation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts