BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OBC (Gizmo to the right of the radio) doesn't work, so I have a few questions.

One, how do I get it out? There's no screws, holes, etc.

Two, what do I do to get it going, diagnose it, etc.?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the links above.

Did some more searching and found out what it takes to R&R it. Holy Cow!

Mine doesn't work at all and neither do the lights. Not sure if it's worth getting into it now, but I'd like some of the features it has.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I checked the fuses, but noticed that they look like the originals! I'm going to replace them all asap.

Also, some of the dash lights don't work in that area (the OBC, fan control, etc.).

Maybe a loose wire? Or just bad bulbs?

·
old car nut
49 Posts
Have you shown a flashlight on the OBC? to see if anything displays. Sometimes its just a matter of the 2 bulbs that light it up. The bulbs for the blower knob and temp rotary switch are at the bottom right of the temp control panel and top left. Best to do these when you decide to check the OBC.

·
Registered
529 Posts
These little incandescent bulbs do blow after many years of usage. Either replace with new ones or maybe someone here has experimented with LED replacements?
Do you have the Owners manual that tells you how the OBC works? If not, there is the Sticky above "Owners Manual" that has a description but obviously you need to get some basic life out of the OBC first!
And I agree with the comment above about the Analogue Clock...that is what I have on my basic 318i and is much better than the electronic one I had on my 1984 323i.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw the analog clock in RealOEM. Kinda pricey, but it's simple and works I suppose.

What's the best place to get one? Is it a euro part only?

As far as the lights go, I suppose I'll have to suck it up one day and dive into it to take a look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts