BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Obc reset

1359 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Tateriolo
Hi all!
My name is Santiago and I´m writing from URUGUAY, South America!
I own a 1991 E30 325i CONVERTIBLE which I imported from USA to my country.
I had to replace the battery, so I removed the old one and replaced with a new one.
When I started the car, the "ENGINE OIL" light in the OBC remained on.
So I reset the computer (with the device that you can get on ebay, with the "oil" and "service" reset buttons) and the "ENGINE OIL" lamp turned off :thumbup:
The thing is that since then, every time that I start the engine, none of the OBC lamps turn on (for a couple of seconds and then turn off) except for the "Brake light" one... The labels turn on and then off, but none of the lamps.. :tsk:
If you press the "CHECK" button, they all turn on and off as they should, but not when turning on the engine...
Please correct me if I´m wrong, but I strongly believe that when turning on the car all the lamps turned on for a couple of seconds and then turned off, except if there was a problem so then kept on, isn´t it the way it works?
What may have happened that now they do not turn on automatically?
Thank you very much for your time!
Kind regards, from Uruguay,
Santiago.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

No, the check system lights don't come on unless there's a problem except for the brake check light. Your system is working properly.
Thank you very much for your reply!!!!
I swear that I´ve seen the lights turning on and off every time I turn on the car, I need to stop drinking before driving!!! :bigpimp:
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.