Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Can someone recommend the best OBD tool that works with an iphone app?
I have a e46 330ci.

I've been looking at Carly and OBD Fusion apps.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I have Carly; mixed feelings about it. Sometimes buggy. Not much coding on e46 compared to newer cars, but that is limitation of the car and not Car.y. When you get a newer car it will be indispensable.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks.
Is the wifi/bluetooth tool something you can leave in the car all the time or do you have to take it out?

·
Kostspieliger Spaß Quandt
879 Posts
OBD fusion will only read standard OBD parameters on any car. It is quite useful for emissions related diagnosis. For any bmw it can't tell what's up with any other modules ( I.e tranny, transfer case, climate control, air bags etc etc)

If your looking for the "one" best tool for maintaining an e46 - you will not beat BMW Scanner 1.4 - especially for around $20. It will also let you do things like swap modules, code comfort features, re map IKE values etc. Indispensable for bmws from 1999-2007.

Like someone else said above, Carly is not very good for e46. Excellent at bmw specific parameter logging for newer bimmers though. OBD Fusion is a good generic scanner for engine trouble codes in standard format. It lacks any capability to read bmw specific trouble codes.

Edit. Just saw you want it to run on an iPhone. BMW scanner is a win app. Carly and OBD fusion both run on iPhone. I have both. Frankly Carly is not worth the annual subscription fee if you were looking at it solely for e46. Why does it have to be iPhone? I use it on iPhone as I***8217;m logging data ever time I drive? Is that your intent? OBD Fusion will only log a few standard Params. Carly will do a few more ( on e46).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts