BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RLTW
571 Posts
You're talking about a DCAN OBD to usb cable. Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder, but for $40 the Bimmergeeks.net cable can't be beat and they have the free software downloads as well.

Sent from my SM-T530NN using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Folding mirrors requires hardware .
Bimmergeeks Cable and software downloads
for something that will do all diagnostics, softwaare and codings.
Its requires a learning curve. If you are not a computer
person you may find it difficult .
You can get simple canned codings from Carly but it only does
what is in the can.
Go to the coding subforum here for further details or the bimmergeeks website.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

Don't fool about with arcane low level software, limited cheap scanners, or pay-fer-every-module offerings....go right to Bavarian Technic for the real deal! Knows all, tells all. Programmability at yer fingertips.

View attachment 768978
Oh man! But coding is enabled only on professional kits - $675+. I have the peasant basic option, guess no coding for me.

·
RLTW
571 Posts

Don't fool about with arcane low level software, limited cheap scanners, or pay-fer-every-module offerings....go right to Bavarian Technic for the real deal! Knows all, tells all. Programmability at yer fingertips.

View attachment 768978
BMW Standard Tools is free and is/was dealer level software. BT won't code unless you pay for the professional kit and even then it's limited as to what it will do and it won't program at all and the basic kits are VIN limited.

I wish Bavarian Technic had a US distributor...would alleviate having to pay import duties on them. Oh, well...I guess I will save my left over lunch money for a few months and get one anyway! :)
They're based in Nevada. You can buy directly from them on their website. I've had one for years but it's redundant if you already have Standard Tools (INPA, NCS Expert, WinKFP, Tool32)

Oh man! But coding is enabled only on professional kits - $675+. I have the peasant basic option, guess no coding for me.
Again, download the free software on any Windows based laptop OS XP to Win10 and you can code all you want for the price of a $45 DCAN cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts