BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those folks who recently negotiated their ED in July 2006, were you able to get an October 2006 ED delivery date? Just curious if the factory is backed up. I was about to start the Rizzo method, but realize I am cutting it close for an October 2006 ED delivery. Otherwise, I am waiting until 2007 for a spring ED delivery.

Thanks
 

·
Powder Days
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
I think you have enough time although this is the time for a MY change (unless it has happened already for some models). This leads to the annual dickering between BMW and BMW NA over pricing so you will probably have to negotiate from an unknown ED invoice price The actual pricing usually comes early in Oct for final numbers. :)

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
Jackson said:
For those folks who recently negotiated their ED in July 2006, were you able to get an October 2006 ED delivery date? Just curious if the factory is backed up. I was about to start the Rizzo method, but realize I am cutting it close for an October 2006 ED delivery. Otherwise, I am waiting until 2007 for a spring ED delivery.

Thanks
Just finalized my ED for Octotober 5, for a 335i. I think you have till about mid August for October delivery. Production is not the issue, but the fact that they only do 20 deliveries a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Jackson said:
For those folks who recently negotiated their ED in July 2006, were you able to get an October 2006 ED delivery date? Just curious if the factory is backed up. I was about to start the Rizzo method, but realize I am cutting it close for an October 2006 ED delivery. Otherwise, I am waiting until 2007 for a spring ED delivery.

Thanks
Call my CA last week to change my ED date for a 5 and got a call back next day with production number in late september.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Move.over,
Are you sure you want to be there on 10/5/2006? If I recall, it is either during the Oktoberfest or the tail end of it. That means that hotel rates are going to be higher than usual so as more drunken people. I am scheduled pick up on 10/16/2006.
Just wondering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
My SA called bmwna and thay told him that 10/04/2006 for the E90 is the first date you can get it.
Can any one tell me the weather in October for Germany?

I em doing my ED 10/16/2006.
 

·
mmm... carbs!
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
I'm trying to get 10/4 for the sedan, but the problem is that bookings can't be made since BMW hasn't officially announced the 335i in sedan form.

My request is sitting somewhere on the supervisor's desk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
My SA called today and the guy at BMWNA told him to fax the paperwork to lock the date in. The car should be announced in this week or next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
racedriver said:
Move.over,
Are you sure you want to be there on 10/5/2006? If I recall, it is either during the Oktoberfest or the tail end of it. That means that hotel rates are going to be higher than usual so as more drunken people. I am scheduled pick up on 10/16/2006.
Just wondering.
October fest will be over by then, did decide not pickup on the first 335i ED date ( sept 25) because it will be right in the middle of October fest. Big question is will my car be build during the fest :dunno: Did not get a production date yet. Can't wait to drive a turbo charged Bimmer again. :bigpimp:
Not planning to stay in Munich anyhow, planning to visit my folks before dropping off the car.
 

·
Freude am Fahren
Joined
·
19,698 Posts
madhatter said:
My SA called bmwna and thay told him that 10/04/2006 for the E90 is the first date you can get it.
Can any one tell me the weather in October for Germany?

I em doing my ED 10/16/2006.
Look here for weather. It's really very pleasant, avg. temp of 13°.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top