Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ODB-II Scan Tool and the port doesn't do anything (however the Scan Tool works just fine on other cars). I think that I have checked the correct fuses (in the glove box) and they have continuity...

Anybody got any suggestions?

Scan Tool == Equus 3100

·
Registered
637 Posts
99-00 model years were transition years to the rectangular port. alot of these cars have both the round connector in the engine compartment and the rectangular one in the drivers kick panel. this always gets me at work cause im used to connecting the dis/gt1 head to the one in the kick panel or above the hood release on newer cars. see if you have both of them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99-00 model years were transition years to the rectangular port. alot of these cars have both the round connector in the engine compartment and the rectangular one in the drivers kick panel. this always gets me at work cause im used to connecting the dis/gt1 head to the one in the kick panel or above the hood release on newer cars. see if you have both of them.
Yes, I do have both. Not quite sure if the one under the hood still works though. I purchased another scan tool and it's still in the careful hands of UPS...:( I'll post my results once I receive the new tool, thanks~

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I finally now know what my problem is. I got the Peake R5/FCX-II reader and it works just fine in the port under the hood.

Now, I have a "Map Controlled Thermostat Circuit/Control" issue. Anyone know how to fix it without have to spend hundred at the dealership?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts