BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I apply the brakes I can feel the tranny downshifting and it makes the car jerk and lurch to a stop. Tranny works well in all conditions, both in auto and manual, it's just that stopping the car is a stuttering experience. Car is CPO. Is this normal or should I have the dealer look at it?

·
Registered
883 Posts
When I apply the brakes I can feel the tranny downshifting and it makes the car jerk and lurch to a stop. Tranny works well in all conditions, both in auto and manual, it's just that stopping the car is a stuttering experience. Car is CPO. Is this normal or should I have the dealer look at it?
We have a 2008 30.si as well.. I think the transmission is very "jerky" and the gas pedal ultra senstive....

I have a 2007 328xi with the same N52 motor... the gas pedal is less senstive in mine, but the transmission just as jeryk.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Please take a read of the lci refresh transmission sticky. Keep in mind, not all have the issue especially those built after August 2008 but it is below for your reading enjoyment:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262130

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yeah... i read that... mostly.. but there are over 1700 posts as of today and so much info it's tough to digest.. All I know is my 2008 with a build date of 03/2008 doesn't shift like butter... my old 2003 suburban was much smoother.

Dealer says software is up-to-date..... not sure what else to do/try other than to trade it for something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts