Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home last night after filling up my gas tank, and noticed something wasn't right. No warnings / errors on the dash, but if I put my foot on the accelerator the car sometimes wouldn't accelerate and just stay at about 1,500 rpm -- and other times would accelerate and go to 3,000 or 4,000 rpm -- but would just then stay at 3,000 rpm or so for about five seconds after I removed my foot off the gas pedal.

Dropped the car off at my BMW dealer which happened to be very close to where I was. They are going to look at the vehicle today and a $185 diagnostic fee awaits me in the future.

My 2014 F30 has 131,000 miles on it and this is the first real "issue" I've had with the car since purchasing it new in August 2013.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just got an update from BMW. They think I need a new transmission AND a new radiator. But they are sending "samples" of fluids and such to BMW of North America first. I should get my next update later this week after the holiday. :(

·
Registered
908 Posts
This could be as simple as something plugging up the fuel line or a glitch in the electronic ignition. I recommend you get a second opinion from an independent shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts