BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had severe winds last week and unfortunately part of a 30 year old oak fell on top of my girl. I can't stand seeing her each time I pull out or in the driveway and no other car compares. She was enjoyed, taken care of (almost put as much into her as paid for and well worth it) and I wore red and black the next day in honor of her. The phoenix shall rise again, one day....money saved, God wiling, I'll be back in another BMW. Can't imagine any other than her for now. Just had to share...hope the pics come through. Just waiting on insurance company to come pick her up and pay up. I keep finding myself checking out the E36 forum, just habit and nothing like 'em!

Attachments

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,466 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear of this. Looks like it was pretty clean. The South is crazy, with its hurricanes, tornadoes, and the like.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There was an xi in 1995? I'm a noob...

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
There was an xi in 1995? I'm a noob...
If you take a look at your keyboard, there's a key just a mm to the right of your 'x' key. That's the one methinks the OP meant to hit.

I may be completely wrong though. :dunno:

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,133 Posts
Dang, bama, that's awful. :(

Where in Alabama are you? I'm down here 20 miles N of Gulf Shores. We've had bad weather all over the south already this year. I had a tornado 1/2 mile from my place earlier this year, wrecked a bunch of houses. I dread hurricane season.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
correction

Yes, BlackWaterOp, a typo...meant to put 325i convertible...thanks to all who understood that and overlooked it

@hornhospital, I'm in Phenix City and knew the storm was coming through, but more worried about gchildren down in FL that night! I had the car cover on, thinking at least she'd be somewhat helped through any rain, hail and wind...

We'll be building a garage before the next BMW comes to make a home here. Funny that the person I bought this one from has another for sale, a 2001 325i red convertible, but auto, not manual--absolutely no fun in that (to me)

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Yes, BlackWaterOp, a typo...meant to put 325i convertible...thanks to all who understood that and overlooked it

@hornhospital, I'm in Phenix City and knew the storm was coming through, but more worried about gchildren down in FL that night! I had the car cover on, thinking at least she'd be somewhat helped through any rain, hail and wind...

We'll be building a garage before the next BMW comes to make a home here. Funny that the person I bought this one from has another for sale, a 2001 325i red convertible, but auto, not manual--absolutely no fun in that (to me)
Auto's are no fun for any of us.

I'm glad that no one was injured, and sorry for your car. When insurance ponies up, with the pricing these days, you may even be into the ///M3 vert range :dunno:

Good luck,

Ed.

·
'92 325I Rollin Stoned
'94 325is
347 Posts
^ Phenix City man, both quoted in post #10 and originally in post #9 :)

My mama lives in Florida :(

The last time I saw this was a Mazda Miata after a tornado rolled through my dads city of Lakewood, Colorado.
Sorry for your loss. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts