Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the oem bmw wheels? Someone told me it is BBS, just wanted to confirm as I am looking to replace all 4 of my rims...

any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I think BMW sources wheels from more than one supplier. BBS is one of them.

·
Pure Natural BMW Muscle!
1,574 Posts
LMC said:
I think BMW sources wheels from more than one supplier. BBS is one of them.
Why you want to know who makes them? You wont be ale to find the BMW designs in any place except the dealer anyways, since they are BMW exclusive.

One of the manufacturers is BBS, although not the only one.

BBS is one of the best wheel suppliers anyways.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
GreekNemesis said:
Who makes the oem bmw wheels? Someone told me it is BBS, just wanted to confirm as I am looking to replace all 4 of my rims...

any help will be appreciated!
BBS, Cromodora, Hayes-Lemmerz and Ronal spring to mind. There are probably others. On some OE BMW wheels I've looked at, for the life of me I can't find the OEM's stamp (there usually is one). So perhaps as well as sourcing wheels externally, BMW may also cast some of its own wheels, especially the high-volume ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OEM Wheel source

I recently replaced an OEM 68M rear wheel (17x8.5") and it had "Borbet" cast into the wheel. I could not find a similar casting on the original wheel. Not only does it appear that BMW uses a variety of sources, but it also appears that the same style wheel (with the exact same BMW part number) may be manufactured by more than one supplier.

John
www.hangar9aeroworks.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts