BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Go Mountaineers!
627 Posts
You can get a replacement cellphone from BMW; it's probably still available but it is ancient technology. Why go that route when you can just get a Bluetooth Upgrade Module (BTUM) that will fit into the BMW OEM cellphone cradle for around $200 that will allow you to use any cellphone with BT and sync with your iDrive? This should be a direct fit for your car. Check at your dealer, on ebay or search the archives in here for more info.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have the orignal motorola phone that works on verizon you can have it for 20.00 but i would go the Bluetooth route as well

·
President
8,098 Posts
why do u want the cell phone when u can get a bluetooth module, or is it that you dont know about it yet?

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had no idea a "Blue Tooth Module" was available from the dealer; I'll check it out later today.

Is it about $200 ? any idea?

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I lost the name of the fellow who was going to sell me one for $20........ please message me if you see this.

thanks
:thumbup:

·
President
8,098 Posts
he was gonna sell u a cell phone for $20 which is pretty much useless nowdays, not the bluetooth module

·
Registered
850 Posts
you can use it i used to log into verizon and just switch esn's for long trips and it was fine. Bluetooth is the way to go but for 20 bucks it works.

·
President
8,098 Posts
you can use it i used to log into verizon and just switch esn's for long trips and it was fine. Bluetooth is the way to go but for 20 bucks it works.
too much work when u can buy a bluetooth and u dont even have to call verizon, plus some people dont have verizon anymore...

since the iphone came out :eeps:

·
Registered
850 Posts
too much work when u can buy a bluetooth and u dont even have to call verizon, plus some people dont have verizon anymore...

since the iphone came out :eeps:
I hear ya Bluetooth is the way to go work pays for my cell phones so I'm still on verizon :thumbup:

·
President
8,098 Posts
I hear ya Bluetooth is the way to go work pays for my cell phones so I'm still on verizon :thumbup:
i love verizon, AT&T service coverage sucks,

verizon works EVERYWHERE in san fran, EVERY-F%CKING-WHERE

makes me mad but at least i have cool apps when i dont have service :(

·
magastos2
118 Posts
Verizon does not work everywhere! Only AT&T. AT&T works every freaking where. It was tested in the Moon and Space Shuttle, including the Space Station. Can'tr beat that!

·
President
8,098 Posts
If my palm treo isn't listed on the BMW "approved" list for the module...will it still work??
yea it should

but it might not upload the phonebook but who cares i dont use the phone book thru idrive anyway

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
i bought a pay as you go sim card for mine as and use the phone through the comms pack ! Talking with your phone in your hand is illegal here ! The sim was free from vodaphone , once registered and a bit of credit on it away you go !! i may price up this moduel though !? its not expensive @ $200 and i can get discount if avaialable here ! ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts