BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After my first quick attempt and fine-tuning my idea, I've completed my homemade clutchstops.
I went to Berg's hardware in Pasadena, CA for all STAINLESS STEEL hardware, 'cause I'm funny like that.
I just drilled the center out of the OEM stop and pounded the bolt through with a rawhide mallot. A little bit
of adhesive was added for good measure. Each clutchstop is made up of:

1 - OEM BMW e46 clutch stop
1 - Stainless steel allen head bolt, 10mm x 40mm, 1.5 thread pitch
1 - 10mm stainless steel washer
1 - 3/8" stainless steel washer
2 - 10mm stainless steel nuts, 1.5 thread pitch

Now, if only I had 3 clutch pedals. :confused:

Watch shown for scale. :D

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
You should bring em to the next TechSession. :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kaz said:
You should bring em to the next TechSession. :D
I just might bring a few. I've got a half dozen more OEM stops.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Very nice. :thumbup:

FYI there is an aircraft surplus store in Burbank and you could make them out of titanium pretty inexpensively. I love SS, but titanium has been my metal of choice as of late. Wouldn't be as fun to drill though. :D

Lots of other cool stuff at that store too; I can't remember the name of it but it's definately a place worth stopping by. I'm sure they're in the yellow pages.

--SONET

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SONET said:
Very nice. :thumbup:

FYI there is an aircraft surplus store in Burbank and you could make them out of titanium pretty inexpensively. I love SS, but titanium has been my metal of choice as of late. Wouldn't be as fun to drill though. :D

Lots of other cool stuff at that store too; I can't remember the name of it but it's definately a place worth stopping by. I'm sure they're in the yellow pages.

--SONET
Let's not get CRAZY! :yikes: :lmao:

I live in the Pasadena area and went to school in Burbank. I'm surprised that I don't know where that place is.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I don't know Burbank at all - my dad and I go there together to get materials for projects when he is in town. I'll ask him where it is the next time I talk with him and let you know.

--SONET

1 - 6 of 6 Posts