BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Official Bimmerfest Neuschwanstein Castle Photo spot.

172666 Views 425 Replies 246 Participants Last post by  northaholic
Many ED Bimmerfest members photograph their car in front of Neuschwanstein. Here are the directions to the photo spot - so you can spend your time touring the castles instead of boring your wife or significant other looking for the perfect photo spot.

Basically, driving down the main road, you will see some open farm fields off to the right. There is a "no traffic allowed" sign at the entrance to the street (Red circle with white center), but if you don't drive too far no one seems to mind. Park near the tree at the fork in the road (three hundred meters from the main road) and photograph your car with the castle in the background.

Late afternoon is probably the best time for a shot. A polarizer filter is a good idea to bring the colors out in your paint job. Try to a long lens to help magnify the castle, or less of a telephoto of you want to emphasize the car.

Here are directions from the parking lot to the photo spot:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...62888,10.743492&spn=0.012785,0.02856&t=h&z=16

Attachments

See less
Many ED Bimmerfest members photograph their car in front of Neuschwanstein. Here are the directions to the photo spot - so you can spend your time touring the castles instead of boring your wife or significant other looking for the perfect photo spot.

Basically, driving down the main road, you will see some open farm fields off to the right. There is a "no traffic allowed" sign at the entrance to the street (Red circle with white center), but if you don't drive too far no one seems to...
See more
401 - 420 of 426 Posts
Taken Aug 23, 2016.
Delivered the day before.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

Thanks for the outstanding directions. Honestly, the place was kind of a freak show when I got there - two random families picnicking at the tree and two farmers on tractors trying not to run over them. I should have paid more attention to sun angle and some other details but I'm honored to post my photo with yours.

And just for the heck of it, the picnickers behind me.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Bmw
See less
Taken Aug 23, 2016.
Delivered the day before.

Thanks for the outstanding directions. Honestly, the place was kind of a freak show when I got there - two random families picnicking at the tree and two farmers on tractors trying not to run over them. I should have paid more attention to sun angle and some other details but I'm honored to post my photo with yours.

And just for the heck of it, the picnickers behind me.
See more
Here's mine!

2016 535i. Taken Aug 29, 2016.
See less
Here's mine...
See more
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

Taken from both ground and air! 12 Sept 16

Always
Motch
See less
Taken from both ground and air! 12 Sept 16

Always
Motch
See more
Heads up to fellow fester going to the Neuschwanstein photo spot.

Weekends are really busy with tourist bicyclist and they get really mad that you are using "their" road. I couldn't resist and took a picture with my rental car, sorry I reserved a manual 3er but they gave me a E220d. :mad:

Attachments

See less
Heads up to fellow fester going to the Neuschwanstein photo spot.

Weekends are really busy with tourist bicyclist and they get really mad that you are using "their" road. I couldn't resist and took a picture with my rental car, sorry I reserved a manual 3er but they gave me a E220d. :mad:
See more
I wish I had seen this before our trip!

Not "the spot" but still a nice shot!

Attachments

I wish I had seen this before our trip!

Not "the spot" but still a nice shot!
See more
2017 LBB M4 Convertible

Photo on 9/27/16.

Attachments

2017 LBB M4 Convertible

Photo on 9/27/16.
See more
Made a quick run out to the spot for a couple pics before we head home. It's gotten cold here in MUC... from mid-70's a couple weeks ago now high-40's.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
See less
Made a quick run out to the spot for a couple pics before we head home. It's gotten cold here in MUC... from mid-70's a couple weeks ago now high-40's.
See more
Sounds like we are sharing the same weather. I took these photos earlier this week and as it shows the temp was 44 F. Still warm enough though to enjoy top down driving given the heated steering wheel and neck scarf feature.

View attachment 578727
See less
Sounds like we are sharing the same weather. I took these photos earlier this week and as it shows the temp was 44 F. Still warm enough though to enjoy top down driving given the heated steering wheel and neck scarf feature.

See more
Once you get back home you can watch a live cam view of the same area below Neuschwanstein. About halfway across the panning display you can spot the road toward the BMW photo op.

http://www.feratel.com/en/webcams-weather/germany/fuessen.html
Once you get back home you can watch a live cam view of the same area below Neuschwanstein. About halfway across the panning display you can spot the road toward the BMW photo op.

See more
Once you get back home you can watch a live cam view of the same area below Neuschwanstein. About halfway across the panning display you can spot the road toward the BMW photo op. There are two viewpoints at this website:

Once you get back home you can watch a live cam view of the same area below Neuschwanstein. About halfway across the panning display you can spot the road toward the BMW photo op. There are two viewpoints at this website:

See more
July 2013

3 1/2 years ago but the memory is still there, just not the car.:D

See less
July 2013

3 1/2 years ago but the memory is still there, just not the car.:D

http://s724.photobucket.com/user/ronboat46/media/DSC00652.jpg.html
See more
Here us a larger view of nlpamg's castle shot:

Nice
See less
Here us a larger view of nlpamg's castle shot:

Nice
See more
Sorry - not mine. I was just trying to show a larger view of nlpamgs's castle shot.
Replacing the 'vert?
Sorry - not mine. I was just trying to show a larger view of nlpamgs's castle shot.
Replacing the 'vert?
See more
55 F and sunny.

Attachments

55 F and sunny.
See more
Love the 'vert. Here is an enlarged view for you.

See less
Love the 'vert. Here is an enlarged view for you.
See more
401 - 420 of 426 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.