BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Official Bimmerfest Neuschwanstein Castle Photo spot.

172326 425
Many ED Bimmerfest members photograph their car in front of Neuschwanstein. Here are the directions to the photo spot - so you can spend your time touring the castles instead of boring your wife or significant other looking for the perfect photo spot.

Basically, driving down the main road, you will see some open farm fields off to the right. There is a "no traffic allowed" sign at the entrance to the street (Red circle with white center), but if you don't drive too far no one seems to mind. Park near the tree at the fork in the road (three hundred meters from the main road) and photograph your car with the castle in the background.

Late afternoon is probably the best time for a shot. A polarizer filter is a good idea to bring the colors out in your paint job. Try to a long lens to help magnify the castle, or less of a telephoto of you want to emphasize the car.

Here are directions from the parking lot to the photo spot:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...62888,10.743492&spn=0.012785,0.02856&t=h&z=16

Attachments

141 - 160 of 426 Posts
4/21/2013

Attachments

Great shot at a fantastic location! Glad to see the scaffolding is down.
Love this shot also.

Something like this (best done under the cover of darknes???):
And, some member photos.

Don't forget to post your photos here!
Where did you take the third pic (with the wagon?) Great shot
Nice one shym!

Who's the first person to put a Bimmerfest sticker on that bench?
some of these are great shots, I am going to see the castle but I dunno if I will go to that spot. I'm not really going to Europe to take pictures of my car. I'm going to Europe to see and take pictures of Europe.

The one pic I go hope to take is a shot in the Alps with snowy mountaintops in the background. But for that to happen, I need open mountain passes.
Wow! Brave man! That's something the committee will need to evaluate and consider if they deem it necessary to warn you of the consequences. Taking a photo of you car in that spot when visiting the castles and then posting it on here is, I believe, compulsory and a strict requirement for all Bimmerfest members. You ignore it at your peril - you could have your car impounded or it could delay the shipping for several weeks.

Further viewpoints on this risky and unprecedented suggestion (of not stopping at the Bimmerfest official photos-stop) are invited as it is far too strange an idea for me alone to comment on.......
some of these are great shots, I am going to see the castle but I dunno if I will go to that spot. I'm not really going to Europe to take pictures of my car. I'm going to Europe to see and take pictures of Europe.
i had the bad luck of it beeing a snowing and cloudy day. Couldnt see the castle at all from the main road. Missed my chance for this pic. Didnt ruin the Europe trip and the whole ED process though :)
Nice shot from next year...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
April 23 2014
I'm sure it will look the same next year…… Should be - April 2014 ED 650Ci
Nice shot from next year...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Here are both of mine... The E92 is from 2010 and the Z4 is from April 2013.

Bill

Attachments

Here is mine from last week.

Attachments

Our photo from 4/18/13

You might recognize this spot located maybe 100 meters up the road.....
Keep the photos coming! Love everyone's castle photos!
BTW - not sure if it was mentioned. If you plan to do the castle, and want to tour it, you can get tickets 24 hours in advance (not any sooner). I highly recommend this, otherwise you may be required to wait 3-4 hours. It's also a new castle, and unfinished.
Mdssbuc, nice pics. You got really lucky with the weather.
Neuschwanstein Castle on a perfect sunny June day.

Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Hill station Mountainous landforms Nature Natural landscape Vegetation

Mountainous landforms Natural landscape Mountain Mountain range Hill station

Mountainous landforms Mountain Grassland Mountain range Pasture
141 - 160 of 426 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.