BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2016 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo

Updates to the 2016 BMW F07 5 Series Gran Turismo include design and technical changes, as well as changes to standard equipment, lines, packages and standalone options. Effective June 21, 2015, the Destination & Handling fee will increase by $45 to $995. Pricing information below includes the $995 Destination & Handling (D&H) fee.

Changes to the standard equipment:
  • Gearshift paddles are now standard on all BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo models.
  • Enhanced USB and Bluetooth is now standard on all BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo models, including:
    • Mobile Office ***8211; Text Messages, Email, Calendar, Tasks, Contact photos, Voice memos
    • Additional Microphone
    • Bluetooth sync for additional (2nd) phone
    • Library browsing via Bluetooth
  • Satellite Radio with one year subscription (655) is now standard on 550i xDrive Gran Turismo.
  • Harman/Kardon Surround Sound (688) is now standard on 550i xDrive Gran Turismo.

Lines and Package changes:

M Sport (ZMM):
  • Pricing is now $3,350 on 535i Gran Turismo.
  • Pricing is now $3,950 on 550i xDrive Gran Turismo.
Driver Assistance Plus Package (ZDB):
  • Pricing is now $1,700.
Executive Package (ZEC):
  • No longer includes 655 Satellite Radio with 1 year subscription and Harman Kardon surround sound system on 550i xDrive Gran Turismo (now standard).
  • Pricing is now $2,050.

Changes to standalone options:
  • New 1" Wheel Upgrade Option:
    • 19" Alloy Wheel Turbine with AS Tires (2AY) is available for $600 on all BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo models.
  • 6AN ***8211; Concierge Services has been removed as an orderable option and is now available exclusively through the ConnectedDrive store.
  • 6F2 ***8211; Bang & Olufsen Sound System is now available only as a standalone option on 550i xDrive Gran Turismo for $3,700, as Harman Kardon surround sound system (688) is now standard equipment and no longer included in Executive Package.
  • 6NS ***8211; Is now Smartphone Integration and priced at $200 (previously $500), as the following features previously only available in 6NS are now included in 6NP Enhanced USB and Bluetooth (standard):
    • Mobile Office
    • 2nd Bluetooth microphone
    • Bluetooth sync for an additional (2nd) phone
    • Library browsing via Bluetooth (in addition to USB)
  • 6NS ***8211; Smartphone Integration now includes only the Base plate in center console for snap-in Adapter integration & Connection to external antenna for improved reception (Requires optional snap-in Adapter ***8211; sold separately).

BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Pricing (including $995 D&H):
  • 535i Gran Turismo $61,895
  • 535i xDrive Gran Turismo $64,195
  • 550i xDrive Gran Turismo $73,495

2016 BMW F07 5 Series Gran Turismo ordering and pricing guides

·
Registered
324 Posts
Very interesting to see the many options and features change over the years since the GT's intro in 2010. I own a 2012 model with every single option and package available and is interesting to see what used to be standard in some cases is now an option or vice-versa. Not to mention I believe from 13' or '14 years and on from what I have seen, you can't get certain options with what they are calling " Luxury" line vs. the "M-Sport" package. Also different leather /exterior/interior options and colors seem much limited too.

Attached is my actual Factory Window Sticker w/noted options for those that care to see the price and standard package options today.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like that cinnamon brown.

Would you get that night vision and detection again?
Here is what I can say about this feature. I've used it up to this point 3x during a few night drives down a stretch of unlit highways/small roads and/or road trips that I am not familiar with the territory. I happen to live an an area surrounded by lots of forest preserves and is renowned for several Deer vs. Car accidents and to my surprise worked great with Deers/animals "glow in the dark" with warning system. It's one of those "back pocket cool features" and "Didn't know I needed until I had it type deal" Long story short, would I get it again...absolutely but not applicable to all.

That been said, Interestingly enough I took a snapshot of the "Pedestrian" night vision shown here.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Before I retired, I worked at Raytheon. Had the opportunity to see more than a few night vision things work. SOme are so sensitive that just touching a wall and removing your hand, you can still see the hand outline from the heat it transferred over 10-minutes later! Neat tech, good ones, not cheap. Then again, few things on a BMW are cheap. They'll eventually get less expensive, but a good sensor is not cheap.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Ordering a 2015 is probably impossible at this point...my guess is that all of the build slots prior to the model year changeover have already been allocated. So, unless you can find what you want on a lot somewhere, you'll need to order a 2016, and if you wanted Euro delivery, that's a certainty. If you can find a dealer that has one on order but it's at least a few days out from start of build, they can modify the order to your preferences. There are only a few days, and I'm not sure how long the changeover takes, or when in July the start of the 2016's actually start to be built. I'd be surprised if you found a dealer ordering this late in the model year...the car will immediately be worth less and harder to sell when the 2016's come out.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Almost everything except parking assistant, rear seat extras, wheel, tire options and concierge. It is No Line so I can choose Cashmere Silver Metallic and Cinnamon Brown. The ordering guide seems to say the only thing eliminated with B&O is HK.

Not sure how this works but in the configurator I hit Tweet this Configuration LOL

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/BYO/SharedBuild.aspx?CMId=ctcb3qy7

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I can add both Executive and B&O in the configurator and they both get listed in the Summary and added to the price. It is when I save the config that B&O gets eliminated.

My 550i xDrive Gran Turismo Details
4.4-liter, BMW TwinPower Turbo technology V-8 engine
xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive
See all standard features
BASE MSRP
$71,400
Jatoba Brown Metallic$0
Cinnamon Brown Dakota Leather$0
Dark wood trim$0
Cold Weather Package$950
Driver Assistance Plus$1,900
• ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant$1,200
Dynamic Handling Package$3,500
Executive Package$3,000
• Bang & Olufsen Sound System$3,700

Lighting Package$1,900
Luxury Seating Package$1,300
18" light alloy wheels V-spoke style 425with all-season run-flat tires$0
Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration$500
Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection$2,300

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Ok I guess that restriction goes away for 2016. In fact I see this -

Changes to standalone options:
New 1" Wheel Upgrade Option:
19" Alloy Wheel Turbine with AS Tires (2AY) is available for $600 on all BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo models.
6AN - Concierge Services has been removed as an orderable option and is now available exclusively through the ConnectedDrive store.
6F2 - Bang & Olufsen Sound System is now available only as a standalone option on 550i xDrive Gran Turismo for $3,700, as Harman Kardon surround sound system (688) is now standard equipment and no longer included in Executive Package.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.