BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
From the spy pics, and the Avantissimo concept, I was expecting the A8 to be a bit more aggressive, so I am a little disappointed. However, I really do like the styling on the production model. It's a helluva lot better than the E65, especially in the interior. It will be interesting to see how the A8 does as a driver's car. Will this finally be the model that gets the excellent large Audi the recognition it's been lacking so far?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
So...squarish (?!). :dunno: Pretty busy at the front end, too. I never really liked Audi styling anyways, never quite "got it".

Not like I "get" why people need a car larger than the A6 anyways....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the design. But the 7 series looks much better...

Some days ago they've introduced the Maybach here in Germany

That's a cooooool car...

Although it's a Mercedes

so longBig

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Mystical - A6 is a pretty small car for us big guys :)
1st - there's a bulge in the floor of the fron passenger compartment ( it can be seen in this A8 too :confused: ) which bugs me to no end.
2nd - I'm touching the roof with my head when sitting in the back. Sigh.

The only place I'm comfortable is the driver's seat, but then I would choose my 325's seat over A6's any time :)

As for this A8...i-Drive is there :) Lol, so much for all the press criticism. Exterior - booring, interior - dunno.

Me like E65 better, thank you Sir very much.
:D

(All of the above is IMO, of course)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree completely with JST - - the Audi A-8 has it ALL OVER the E65 in styling. No contest. IMHO, the E38 is still the best looking car in its class. But I would buy the A8 long before I would buy that atrocious looking e65. It looks like a G300 or g400 wanna-be.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
jastevenson said:
Boring. Audi needs to take more chances if they want to take on BMW.
haha. funny. taking chances is what got us the e65, which while drives so great, imho doesnt look good at all. i know e65, love it or hate it. to each his or her own, but bmw will lose at least some repeat buyers if the new lines go that way stylingwise

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
lock/unlock buttons straight from A4

the new A4 doesn't have the typical knob that pops up from the door to indicate the door is unlocked. i suspect that the A8 uses this same idea/technology as well.

not sure what audi was thinking as they use a little light to show if the door is locked or not. KISS comes to mind. while technology is great i think they went over board on something on 'reengineering' the door lock knobby thing(what the is it called anyways?)

oh..and my 2cents...exterior...<yawn>...boring. at least it's not ugly like the new 7series/Z4.

interior...less than inspiring. that video screen looks like the one found in the G35.

·
Registered
528 Posts
ok, i never liked the e65, but this car is making the e65 look better. first of all the wood trim is nasty. then the a8 needs it's own unique shape not like a stretched a4 shape. I don't like it at all. it's not butt ugly or anything, but definately not aspiring at all.

LIL Raja

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
LIL RAJA said:
ok, i never liked the e65, but this car is making the e65 look better. first of all the wood trim is nasty. then the a8 needs it's own unique shape not like a stretched a4 shape. I don't like it at all. it's not butt ugly or anything, but definately not aspiring at all.

LIL Raja
that wood looks like ass

1 - 17 of 17 Posts