Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To date I have not driven my auto for a longer distance than circa 70 miles. Now I will grant you that they were wonderful and spirited miles but at long last I was offered an opportunity to take a 235 mile round trip on Tuesday. Sad to say they were preponderantly straightaway freeway miles and there was that 40 minute backup at the Bay Bridge toll plaza but all in all a very nice cruise. I love this automobile.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Gotta luv the toll plaza. That lovely smell of gasoline.... all those wonderful people who don't have TWO DOLLARS to their name to get through... the EVER SO FRIENDLY toll takers.

BUT.... it is the gateway to the best place on earth! :thumbup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TopazTim325 said:
the EVER SO FRIENDLY toll takers.

BUT.... it is the gateway to the best place on earth! :thumbup:
LOL! I would have to admit that toll taker is probably not the best of all possible jobs but deary me the Bay Bridge employees are so seemingly offended if you speak to them. Excuse me for trying to inject a little humanity into your life. The Carquinez toll persons are the friendliest I have found with the GG a close second.

Yes crossing the bridge into The City just says "home" to me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ichabod said:

LOL! I would have to admit that toll taker is probably not the best of all possible jobs but deary me the Bay Bridge employees are so seemingly offended if you speak to them. Excuse me for trying to inject a little humanity into your life. The Carquinez toll persons are the friendliest I have found with the GG a close second.

Yes crossing the bridge into The City just says "home" to me.
Yeah, my ex and I were crossing the Bay Bridge and he bet me that I couldn't make the toll taker smile. I pulled up and gave the guy my brightest and warmest smile and told him a joke..... I got the most EVIL stare back. Wow!

OK, so it's not the most fulfilling job, but GEEZ. You'd think they have their sense of humor surgically removed as part of the hiring process.

I haven't crossed the GG that often, but agree that the Carquinez folks are pretty nice. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts