BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this was a case of absolute luck or proof of BMW's amazing stability engineering. Btw, I have a 335i sedan.

So here's what happened a couple minutes ago that has left me in a state of complete awe. As I was leaving a coffee shop about 15 minutes ago, coffee drink in hand, I noticed I had a half-full can of Coca Cola in my cupholder. So I took it out, and set on the plastic surface in my trunk as I was putting my laptop/books in the trunk. Unknowingly, I closed the trunk, put my coffee drink in the now empty cupholder, and sped off.

When I arrived at the library, I popped the trunk to get my laptop out, and I was shocked to realize I had forgotten that I'd left the half-full Coke can in the trunk!!! Here's a picture I took right then with my phone:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5700/cocacolav.jpg

What's absolutely unbelievable is that I drove 6 miles with this opened can of soda in the trunk!! I have a habit of flooring the gas pedal at every traffic stop (in sport mode), and I drive very aggressively around turns. Not to mention, our roads suck and I drove over a lot of bumpy surfaces as well as steep uphill/downhill grades.

I can't believe it - the Cola did not spill even a single drop!!! Not that I would ever try it again, but damn, this car has some amazing trunk stability.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Now that is a FINE display of the cars smooth ride!!

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
You should post this on eBay and try to sell the can of coke. It's clearly special, just like that Cheeto shaped like Chuck Norris or the toast that looks like Mother Mary. :D

Glad it didn't spill, man!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa... you're drinking beverages in your vehicle?!? My god man... have you no honor?!?

j/k :p
Your quote reminds me of a Family Guy scene...

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Lois, this isn't my Batman cup!"

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
Clearly, you weren't driving hard enough ;)

Neat! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
It helped that it was 1/2 full which aided in it being more stable. Any more or less would have increased your chances. Is that a Christmas can?

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
My life has been full of near misses. I truly consider myself lucky to be alive with some of the stunts I've pulled off.

But here's the latest.... I went on errands this weekend and bought some paint. Custom color... you know how it works... they take a color, run it through the computer, mix it up just for you, and send you on your way.

Got home, opened the trunk, and one of the 1 gallon cans had tipped over and rolled around in the trunk. I then nearly fell to the ground. What if that puppy had opened up while I was driving? I tell you, it makes me nervous as hell just writing this. (BTW, I'm knocking on wood right.... now.)

·
IntarWeb Stalker
10,068 Posts
Probably just luck that it didn't spill.

More importantly what is with all that extra weight you have in the trunk? :p
That's why he has to floor his car and it didn't spill. So much weight in the trunk requires the flooring...so he can go 0 to 60 in 2.5 days :rolleyes:

·
Corner Carving Addict
3,276 Posts
whoa whoa whoa... You're drinking beverages in your vehicle?!? My god man... Have you no honor?!?

J/k :p
+100,000,000!!!!

that's why he has to floor his car and it didn't spill. So much weight in the trunk requires the flooring...so he can go 0 to 60 in 2.5 days :rolleyes:
:rofl:

He did say they we're groceries though, so that makes more sense. Groceries scattered all over the trunk... everything appears to be in order here.

P.s. OP you need the trunk cargo net, it's perfect for that aggressive driver that has to do grocery runs.

Side note: My coupe can fit a massive shopping cart full of Costco over sized stuff and not even bat an eye. Love it.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Great job!

I only allow Diet Coke in my cars... spills just like water. :thumbup:

- Mike

·
Gentleman Extraordinaire
690 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts