BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only half kidding. My car was ordered at the very end of October with what was supposed to be a week 49/December build date. This was done to coordinate a Performance Center delivery on Feb 3... which is when I will be down there on vacation.

Today I got a call from my salesman informing me that my car went into production today, a full 2 1/2 weeks sooner than thought. What's bad about this? Well, I'm still taking delivery on Feb 3... that's the date planned into my vacation. So now I'll have the knowledge that my car will be done and sitting, just waiting for me. I think that will make the wait even worse!

The only "real" problem it might pose is the car sitting at the performance center for what might be a month. Besides the car sitting all that time, they mentioned to me that they don't like to store cars for more than 2 weeks.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
They'll keep it nice and warmed up for you. WHere do you think the performance center gets it's demos from?? :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
OBS3SSION said:
I'm only half kidding. My car was ordered at the very end of October with what was supposed to be a week 49/December build date. This was done to coordinate a Performance Center delivery on Feb 3... which is when I will be down there on vacation.

Today I got a call from my salesman informing me that my car went into production today, a full 2 1/2 weeks sooner than thought. What's bad about this? Well, I'm still taking delivery on Feb 3... that's the date planned into my vacation. So now I'll have the knowledge that my car will be done and sitting, just waiting for me. I think that will make the wait even worse!

The only "real" problem it might pose is the car sitting at the performance center for what might be a month. Besides the car sitting all that time, they mentioned to me that they don't like to store cars for more than 2 weeks.
Don't worry, it does not get transported to the PC until 2-3 days before your scheduled delivery day. It will gladly stay at the VPC until that time. Mine had to wait over 2 weeks, because it was finished earlier than planned. It stayed safely at the VPC until the Monday of the Thursday that I was taking delivery.

Not an issue at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts