BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruined an otherwise nice car...The Imola on the right.

·
Only here to produce CO2
368 Posts
Just because you have money does not mean you have taste.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Speaking of ///M badges I went to buy a new ///M badge for my car (it's fading) and the dealer wants $35 and change for one!! :yikes:

Bav Auto has them for $29

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in_d_haus said:
You don't like the ///M roundel? on an M car?
No, I don't. The hood roundel is indicative of the BRAND of the car. It's one thing to replace a worn BADGE, it's TASTELESS to flaunt your "///M" ness.

Remove it if you want...Don't re-badge.

edit: Except, if you're Vince and have a psychological disorder to OBSESS about Alpinas...It's okay to stick on a fake Alpina roundel on your hood. :dunno:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
The HACK said:

No, I don't. The hood roundel is indicative of the BRAND of the car. It's one thing to replace a worn BADGE, it's TASTELESS to flaunt your "///M" ness.

I haven't made up my mind on those quite yet. A friend of mine has them front and back on her ///M. They look kinda funky to me.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
The HACK said:

edit: Except, if you're Vince and have a psychological disorder to OBSESS about Alpinas...It's okay to stick on a fake Alpina roundel on your hood. :dunno:
Hey, Vince has REAL Alpina badges not fake ones.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
in_d_haus said:

Hey, Vince has REAL Alpina badges not fake ones.
Vince has fake Alpina hood/trunk badges as real ones don't exist. He's asked me to see if I could spot the difference, and I can.

As for that M roundel, I always thought that was a standard BMW part.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Ok, I got busted. :(

Yes, they are handpainted and made in Japan. ALPINA did make some official roundel emblems back in the 80s. BMW slapped ALPINA hard on each cheek, and said "How dare you!". The contact agreement being ALPINA can do whatever they want to a BMW, but never replace the roundel emblems.

Reason why I have them? :dunno: To match the wheel emblems and airbag emblem. A bit flamboyant I must admit. But I do track my car...:eeps:

in_d_haus said:

Really...:dunno: I always thought they were real

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Ok, I got busted. :(

...snip...But I do track my car...:eeps:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We all know TRACKING your car makes any and all mods justified.

Now, if I know the guy with the ///M roundel DOES track his car I probably wouldn't have cared. Afterall, the ///M roundels make more HP.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The HACK said:

Sorry, I dont understand where the problem is here. He payed for the car; he can do whatever he pleases with the car. If you dont like it, keep it to yourself. How are you certain he is flaunting his ///M ness?, perhaps he ljust likes the look.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts