BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to some recent events in my life (yes, traffic-related) as well as my upcoming 21st birthday, I was surprised with an early birthday present from my good friend tam3! Now I can spot tha fuzz with ease!!

It's hard-wired in per the bmw330ci.com DIY instructions. It was WAY easier than it looked! I'm so stoked, this thing is the bomb-ass "cop" detector. :D :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Tammy!!

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Damn, just turning 21? Man I remeber back in them good o' days.

Well, given the fact that I've already paid over $500's worth in traffic fines last year, that probably would've been a good investment for me. Is court fees and traffic violations tax deductible?

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bol said:
omg check out the green grass

it SNOWED again here last night and today.
Don't let it fool you! It's < 40 degrees F outside! :D

How's everything goin Adam?

Hack, you should definitely invest. It caught the fuzz twice on my "test drive" around after I installed it. This thing is amazing.

If those fees were deductible, I'd never pay taxes.

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
webguy330i said:

Don't let it fool you! It's < 40 degrees F outside! :D

How's everything goin Adam?

Things are going like molasses through a strainer. I actually bought a nitro R/C car the other week to keep myself entertained and occupied while waiting for job openings. Wish I never bought the 330Ci, then I'd have the money to do what I really want to do right now(read: move.) Oh well, such is life. Been listening to a lot of older rock right now(read: beach boys, the chruch, rolling stones, even some fruer!)

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bol said:

Things are going like molasses through a strainer. I actually bought a nitro R/C car the other week to keep myself entertained and occupied while waiting for job openings. Wish I never bought the 330Ci, then I'd have the money to do what I really want to do right now(read: move.) Oh well, such is life. Been listening to a lot of older rock right now(read: beach boys, the chruch, rolling stones, even some fruer!)
Don't regret; just make sure you don't make the same mistake twice. You'll pull through bro! Give it a little more time, even though I know that's what you've been doing all along.

Where do you want to move? How much is it to be imported to the US? :)

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
webguy330i said:

Where do you want to move? How much is it to be imported to the US? :)
Right now I really want to get out to the lower mainland in BC(mostly because my cousin, of whom I am best of friends with lives there.) Other than that I'd like to head someplace with nice weather year round(read: California.) I don't think I could take the heat of Florida or Texas. I'd move almost anyplace in the US in a heartbeat - just need some company to pay $5k in relocation costs and I'll be on my way. Unfortunatly, due to the previous H1-B situation companies are almost all but refusing to hire non-Americans. Makes it difficult for me, even though due to NAFTA I can get work authorization garunteed with a single phonecall.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bol said:

Right now I really want to get out to the lower mainland in BC(mostly because my cousin, of whom I am best of friends with lives there.) Other than that I'd like to head someplace with nice weather year round(read: California.) I don't think I could take the heat of Florida or Texas. I'd move almost anyplace in the US in a heartbeat - just need some company to pay $5k in relocation costs and I'll be on my way. Unfortunatly, due to the previous TN situation companies are almost all but refusing to hire non-Americans. Makes it difficult for me, even though due to NAFTA I can get work authorization garunteed with a single phonecall.
Have you considered any other lines of work? There are other ways to make it in this country! =)

At least you have hopes man. Don't ever lose those. You'll make it eventually. If you ever wanna come visit Rochester just lemme know, got a couch readily available. :thumb:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
webguy330i said:
Thanks to some recent events in my life (yes, traffic-related) as well as my upcoming 21st birthday, I was surprised with an early birthday present from my good friend tam3! Now I can spot tha fuzz with ease!!

It's hard-wired in per the bmw330ci.com DIY instructions. It was WAY easier than it looked! I'm so stoked, this thing is the bomb-ass "cop" detector. :D :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Tammy!!
Very cool..buy me one? :thumb: few more inches over and your identity would have been revealed.. hehe :bigpimp:

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: oh yeah, Chris gots a new toy

CCs328Ci said:

Very cool..buy me one? :thumb: few more inches over and your identity would have been revealed.. hehe :bigpimp:
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I have a goofy picture on my website. Did I mention I'm an ultra :bigpimp:? :lmao:

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Re: Re: oh yeah, Chris gots a new toy

CCs328Ci said:

ssssh, his secret identity is on his web site. :D

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
webguy330i said:

Have you considered any other lines of work? There are other ways to make it in this country! =)

Otherlines of work eh, computers is all I know(though there are other things I would *rather* do, but don't have the skills for(working on that))

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Re: oh yeah, Chris gots a new toy

alee said:

ssssh, his secret identity is on his web site. :D
And NO I am not high in that picture. I was squinting for some ungodly reason.

disclaimer: I do not do drugs, period.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ahhh, good b-day gift. Happy birthday!

Just what everyone needs: countermeasures...

Too bad they are not legal up here. Stiff fine and confiscation of the device.

Most guns here are lidar now anyway, which apparently is hard to detect in enough time to save you.

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
Adrian 330Ci'01 said:
Ahhh, good b-day gift. Happy birthday!

Just what everyone needs: countermeasures...

Too bad they are not legal up here. Stiff fine and confiscation of the device.

Most guns here are lidar now anyway, which apparently is hard to detect in enough time to save you.
Legal in Alberta :thumb:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts