BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Anyone know where I can order an originial seal from in the UK? My car keeps saying low oil, there’s no obvious leaks anywhere however the seal has a crack in it so that might be it?

thanks for any help
Hand Automotive tire Finger Rim Gas

Product Automotive design Bag Sleeve Grey

·
Registered
2000 528it, 2015 435i, 2016 435ix GC
395 Posts
Parts dept. at BMW dealership. Probably need to buy the entire cap.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Input your car's info into this electronic parts catalog, find the part & part # needed, shop using the part # for a replacement. BMW doesn't make the cap - there are OEM vendors (Rein, Febi, Vaico).
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do

That doesn't look like an oil filler cap, to me - rather, an expansion tank cap (the larger/upper one in your photo). Knowing what car you have would help. Oil cap is in this photo:

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Input your car's info into this electronic parts catalog, find the part & part # needed, shop using the part # for a replacement. BMW doesn't make the cap - there are OEM vendors (Rein, Febi, Vaico).
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do

That doesn't look like an oil filler cap, to me - rather, an expansion tank cap (the larger/upper one in your photo). Knowing what car you have would help. Oil cap is in this photo:

Good luck!
Hi,

thanks for the help. I actually meant coolant cap!

·
Registered
2000 528it, 2015 435i, 2016 435ix GC
395 Posts
There's a $5 difference between genuine BMW and the Vaico part that has the same markings. Looks like the part no. is 17117639020. You can Google that and see where you would like to buy it. Make sure it fits your exact model.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hi,
thanks for the help. I actually meant coolant cap!
Good to know! You can edit the title of your initial post.

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
3,644 Posts
just buy a whole new coolant cap from a dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts