BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a 328i and I am in a bit of a situation.. I have to leave town soon and I don't think I will be able to get my oil changed at the dealership and its been about 15K. I am about 3K away from my 60k inspection so I was thinking about getting my oil changed at Jiffy Lube or somthing similar before my trip of 2k and then getting it changed again when I do my 60K service in a month.. Any ideas I don't want to f' up my car..

Thanks

·
Empowered Consumer
4,042 Posts
warell said:
Hey all I have a 328i and I am in a bit of a situation.. I have to leave town soon and I don't think I will be able to get my oil changed at the dealership and its been about 15K. I am about 3K away from my 60k inspection so I was thinking about getting my oil changed at Jiffy Lube or somthing similar before my trip of 2k and then getting it changed again when I do my 60K service in a month.. Any ideas I don't want to f' up my car..

Thanks
I wouldn't let Jiffy Lube touch my car, but that's just me. If you can't do it yourself, I'd find a way for the dealership to do it. Can't you call and make a first AM appointment and wait for it to be finished?

Alex

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
BahnBaum said:
I wouldn't let Jiffy Lube touch my car, but that's just me. If you can't do it yourself, I'd find a way for the dealership to do it. Can't you call and make a first AM appointment and wait for it to be finished?

Alex
:stupid:

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Anyways, it's unlikely that Jiffy will have the oil filter you require.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
If you don't want tot do it yourself and can't get in at the delaer, take it to a good independent BMW mechanic. But NEVER take it to a Jiffy Lube type place!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,207 Posts
JetBlack330i said:
Anyways, it's unlikely that Jiffy will have the oil filter you require.
OR the knowledge, OR the skills.... a friend took his Audi to a Jiffy Lube, and the "technician" put something *other* than brake fluid into the master cylinder, effed-up the entire system.... of course, JL disavowed all responsibility....took him about a year to eventually get paid for the damage....YMMV....

Regards,
Bob

·
Nothing specific
984 Posts
Jiffy Lube sucks - they overtorqued the oil pan drain bolt on a friend's PathFinder, cracking it and causing the oil to slowly drain out. It's a good thing she noticed it on the garage floor.... :eek:

·
Empowered Consumer
4,042 Posts
The last time I used them was a few years ago. They neglected to tighten the oil pan drain, and I ended up with several quarts on my driveway the next morning. That was the last time I ever used them.

Alex

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
warell said:

Thanks
Jiffy Lube. :bustingup :bustingup

How much is an oil pan on an E46? :tsk:

They WILL, WILL destroy your oil pan by over torquing the living daylight out of it. :thumbdwn:

Just check your oil and make sure that it's not low, way safer than having Jiffy Lube molest your car. :thumbdwn:

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
A friend of mine used to be a manager at a Jiffy Lube. Based on his stories, all I can say is: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DO IT!!! Either change it yourself, at the dealer, or at a least a trusted mechanic. Unless you don't have a garage, I don't see what's the big deal about changing oil. Also, this might be another good reason to change your oil at 7500 (or 5000) miles. If you HAVE to go a little longer, you don't feel as guilty.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Dearest Wingspan, posting that sign "IM WITH STUPID" to bahnbaum is totally outrageous...JIFFY LUBE, you obviously..dont live in the states..

:loco:

·
Empowered Consumer
4,042 Posts
Riuster said:
Dearest Wingspan, posting that sign "IM WITH STUPID" to bahnbaum is totally outrageous...JIFFY LUBE, you obviously..dont live in the states..

:loco:
I think the "I'm with Stupid" that Wingspan posted was because he agreed that he'd never use Jiffy Lube.

Alex

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
BahnBaum said:
I think the "I'm with Stupid" that Wingspan posted was because he agreed that he'd never use Jiffy Lube.

Alex
Ok..off topic...sorry...I dont think so...it relates to peoples post.....whatever...JIFFY LUBE SUX!....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
They call 'em rigs here
859 Posts
To those who have a sense of humor, "I'm with stupid" means "I agree". Apparently, you are the only one who doesn't get it.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
MysticBlue said:
To those who have a sense of humor, "I'm with stupid" means "I agree". Apparently, you are the only one who doesn't get it.

·
600 Posts
operknockity said:
If you don't want tot do it yourself and can't get in at the delaer, take it to a good independent BMW mechanic. But NEVER take it to a Jiffy Lube type place!
warell

take it to an independent shop, like operknock said.

frankly i'm surprised no fest member in LA with an extractor offered to help. i did mine today in 20 minutes.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
ride365 said:
warell

take it to an independent shop, like operknock said.

frankly i'm surprised no fest member in LA with an extractor offered to help. i did mine today in 20 minutes.
Since you posted the challenge :rofl: But LA is a BIG place!

warell, PM me with your info.

·
600 Posts
operknockity said:
But LA is a BIG place!
true. but i wasn't trying to pressure anyone into doing it :angel: i'm just surprised it didn't come up.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts