BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

To begin, I'm not the most car savvy and am kind of a noob but I'm trying. I have a 2001 530iA. For the sake of convenience I had my oil changed at a shop this morning. Driving it back to work was (10 min away) was fine. I parked it and let it sit while I finished my shift. Heading home from base I tried passing a car, pulled over into the left lane and put my foot down and the car didn't move, just kinda real slowly accelerated, sputtering the whole time. When I got home, I checked the oil and there is too much. This wasn't going on at all before the change, can too much oil cause the engine to misfire? Also, I have no error lights or anything. The dash is clean. Any ideas? Do I just need to drain it a bit until the correct amount of oil is in? Or what?

· Registered
15,976 Posts
Take it back to the shop. They can suck the excess out through the dipstick tube. Never heard of an overfill causing a misfire.

Have them read any stored codes. Report back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.