BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good indy shop in the Seattle Washing area.
I went to one place and the told me $200 for an oil change.:dunno:
How much do they run in Seattle.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
I do my own oil changes so I have no idea on prices, but check with Car Tender on Capitol Hill or Eastside Bavarian in Issaquah. You might also double check with the dealer(s) and be sure to specify only an "oil change" as opposed to an "oil service" where they check your tire air and washer fluid, etc.

Consider our local business that give: Puget Sound BMW CCA member discounts.

·
asc-abs sensors rock!!!!
413 Posts
Damm 200 for the oil change? You can just do it yourself easy as 123... There is write up on the D.I.Y section showing you what you will need as far as tools and safety.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My dealer charges $99.00 for oil change. They use some kind of sliding scale depending on the technical nature of the job. Eg., the higher level training required, the higher cost. That's what they told me.

Ray in Oregon

·
BeanersBimmer745i
94 Posts
i asked in some place in el paso, texas where i live and the guy said 80 bucks to do my oil change with filter. anything higher than that and i will be doing it myself.:rofl:

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
have them do the oil change, but not reset the PC. the resetting is a bit of the cost. You can reset it with the provided instructions in the DIY section

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I saw a 2008 750i that was pulling into Jiffy Lube. I was dying laughing! Wanted to get a pic of a car with new plates going there. I rather pay the extra at the dealer. If anything goes wrong, they are on the hook for it and if it was done at some Jiffy Lube, chances are their contacts are not dealerships and most likely a Earls Tire and Muffler :)

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
99.99 at the dealer where i bought it, bmw, all documented so if there is ever a problem..its theres and not mine. P.s the 7 takes 8 qrts of synthetic... 8x6 a qrt + filter ill let them do it.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I saw a 2008 750i that was pulling into Jiffy Lube. I was dying laughing! Wanted to get a pic of a car with new plates going there. I rather pay the extra at the dealer. If anything goes wrong, they are on the hook for it and if it was done at some Jiffy Lube, chances are their contacts are not dealerships and most likely a Earls Tire and Muffler :)
Interesting considering the maintenance is free on that car at the dealer. Must have been one of those folks that don't buy into the BMW maintenance schedule and wanted an oil change in the interim, but going to j-lube is worse than going 15k. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts