BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Apologies if this has been asked before.

I bought a CPO 550i some 14 months ago and got the extended coverage (which covers oil changes, brakes, etc). The car says there is still 4000 miles till oil change and to me this seems like a huge gamble and I'm getting a bit nervous.

Is it possible to make the dealer perform the service for free under the warranty I payed 2K for, before iDrive says i should do it?

And if I did decide to pay out of pocket for a "premature" oil change, would this reset the iDrive counter for another 1.5yrs ?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Hi all,

I bought a CPO 550i some 14 months ago and got the extended coverage (which covers oil changes, brakes, etc). The car says there is still 4000 miles till oil change and to me this seems like a huge gamble and I'm getting a bit nervous.

Is it possible to make the dealer perform the service for free under the warranty I payed 2K for, before iDrive says i should do it?

And if I did decide to pay out of pocket for a "premature" oil change, would this reset the iDrive counter for another 1.5yrs ?

Thanks for any help!
More likely than not BMW will not pay for it unless I-drive calls for it. You can get it done yourself just tell the dealer not to reset I-drive.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for any help!
Call the SA, service advisor, and tell him/her tha BMW has gone back to annual oil change regardless mileage and the dealer will do it at aniversary date (original purchase date).

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for any help!
Your dealer will not pay for an oil change till the CBS says it's time. But go ahead and change it, or have it changed and just tell whoever does it not to reset the service indicator.

·
Nac
592 Posts
I have had two different dealers change it before the indicator said it was ready, as it had been a year since the previous oil service. BMW NA had informed me that annual oil service was covered, even if the indicator didn't say that the oil needed to be changed.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have had two different dealers change it before the indicator said it was ready, as it had been a year since the previous oil service. BMW NA had informed me that annual oil service was covered, even if the indicator didn't say that the oil needed to be changed.
Agree - I had mine done last week and it was covered.

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
They will change either when the CBS indicates it needs a change, or annually, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
yep BMW goes back to the old policy that if you drive up to 12.5kmiles per annum you get 4 else 3 oil changes from that free maintenance.

For a short period of time, during the 2009 bad economy hence bad sales figure, the bean counter at BMW says hey if the guy drives between 6k to 12.5K then don't give them that free oil change on the anniversary date. Not a good idea to piss people who read the user manual sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts