BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 2015 428xi GC needs her first oil change (as my 4 years of free maintenance just ended).
Is it better to take it to the dealership or will indy shop? If indy, then where do you usually go and how much does it cost typically? (Bellevue dealership quoted ~ $220 for oil change).

Thank you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
filter and oil will run you about $50-70 in materials so if I doubt any indy will charge much less than the $99 unless they are skimping out on proper oil
so the $99 is reasonable unless you DIY
plus the dealership usually cleans & washes your car (gulp) and maybe perform a couple inspections

·
Registered
30 Posts
FYI, German castrol GTX full synth. is 25$ for a 5qt jug, filter is about 15$ from dealer\online, super easy to do yourself for 40$ if you ever feel like DIY.

·
Super Moderator
3,636 Posts
FYI, German castrol GTX full synth. is 25$ for a 5qt jug, filter is about 15$ from dealer\online, super easy to do yourself for 40$ if you ever feel like DIY.

For DIY, consider ramps or there are two places that you can rent time to use a lift. Stew's Garage in Kirkland and Self Serve Garage in Tacoma (formerly in Kent). Stew's is more expensive but includes use of a big tool box, drawers and drawers of tools.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts