BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about how often experienced BMW owners change their oil? Do you wait and follow the service reading on the vehicle or do you change more frequent? This is the first vehicle that I have ever had that shows 25k kilometers between service.....Comments?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
BBBMW said:
Just curious about how often experienced BMW owners change their oil? Do you wait and follow the service reading on the vehicle or do you change more frequent? This is the first vehicle that I have ever had that shows 25k kilometers between service.....Comments?
Oil is cheap, engines are not. Ever notice how your car seems to run better after you wash it? :rofl: I get that same happy feeling by changing the oil :thumbup: This has been discussed ad nauseum and everybody has an opinion, but thats my .02 and I`m sticking with it ! 323 driver gets fresh every 5K Z-3 gets fresh BEFORE it hibernates regardless of the mileage.

·
ELmO
362 Posts
Are the above guy's 4200 posts comprised of "USE THE SEARCH!"? XD.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Jackflash said:
Thats why you have to change it at 5k :rofl:

........Silly JackFlash :confused:
Didn`t say I use cheap oil (BMW syn and Mobil One) just that it`s cheap relative to the price of an engine :tsk:

·
Banned
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys....I do get the feeling that my car runs better with fresh oil....only experienced this two times over the past year. Do they hose you for synthetic oil?

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
BBBMW said:
Thanks Guys....I do get the feeling that my car runs better with fresh oil....only experienced this two times over the past year. Do they hose you for synthetic oil?
Believe it or not, a quart of BMW Synthetic at the dealer is less expensive than Castrol at an auto store. I buy mine at the dealer and they always say "you can use Castrol if you want to..."

·
Registered
187 Posts
I only do about 6 or 7,000 miles a year... so anually makes a lot of sense for me.
My service guy uses Castrol GTX semi synthetic. He say's he'd be happy to put the fancy stuff in if I want...but with my service intervals, there'd be no real need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts