Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the middle of putting my car back together after Beisan seals and CCV at 120k. Replacing the VCG at the same time but can't figure out the purpose of this part:

Oil Filler Cap Seal : Part number 11-12-7-526-447

The plastic valve cover has a nice flat surface for the oil fill neck and the cap has a flat rubber seal inside that seems to match up with the valve cover. How would this seal fit in the cover and what is the purpose. I did not find anything like that on my valve cover so do I need it?

Did the searches but no luck so far. Trying to put another order together and trying to determine if I need it before putting the cover back on.

Thanks, Harold

Edit: Never mind... Figured it out. It goes on the plastic engine cover which goes over the VC.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts