BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
01 540, I have been using the Hengst (purchased on-line from some independant parts source) as they are the factory filter. I now find that I can get Mahle brand filters which appear identical, same plastic end caps, for less than $7 each delivered (http://www.europartsdirect.com/). Is there any huge difference? The Hengst sell for just under $9.

·
Registered
186 Posts
540 M-Sport said:
01 540, I have been using the Hengst (purchased on-line from some independant parts source) as they are the factory filter. I now find that I can get Mahle brand filters which appear identical, same plastic end caps, for less than $7 each delivered (http://www.europartsdirect.com/). Is there any huge difference? The Hengst sell for just under $9.
I purchase original BMW oil filters from Pacific BMW or Crevier BMW for less than $7

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Ditto to what Tom said...buy yourself a "six-pack" of filters from Pac or Crev and be set for several thousand miles! :)

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
My dealer charges nearly twice as much for the same filter I buy from Pelican.

My dealer see very little of my parts business due to their prices and hours.

·
racer wannabe
3,311 Posts
Tom S. said:
I purchase original BMW oil filters from Pacific BMW or Crevier BMW for less than $7
Not for the V8 you don't :p

That online place has Mann filters for six cylinder engines for $3.76, the cheapest I've seen.

540 M-Sport,
that place sells Mann filters, they are identical to OEM filters. I just got one recently so I could compare. Mann, Mahle, Hengst all make OEM filters for BMW. I replaced air filter on Saturday with Mann filter and the old filter (original) had Mahle replacement number on it.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
F1Crazy said:
Not for the V8 you don't :p

That online place has Mann filters for six cylinder engines for $3.76, the cheapest I've seen.

540 M-Sport,
that place sells Mann filters, they are identical to OEM filters. I just got one recently so I could compare. Mann, Mahle, Hengst all make OEM filters for BMW. I replaced air filter on Saturday with Mann filter and the old filter (original) had Mahle replacement number on it.
Thanks for your valuable information. Looks like I should be fine with the Mahle then. Yeah, I didn't think you could get a stock V8 oil filter from Pacific for $7!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts