BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Im new here I have a 2007 Bmw M6 Convertible blk/blk. When I go to the oil gauge on my dashboard it shows about 3/4 and says .7L. Does that mean IM .7L low on oil?

Also what do you think are some nice upgrades. my car is all stock. Im looking to maybe put a rear carbon diffuser on. Any one have recommendations for the diffuser or any other resonable upgrades? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Peterny, welcome to bimmerfest. For the oil gauge, I'm not sure, that's a good question, and I'm curious to see what responses you get. As for upgrades, that's hard to say because everything is based on personal preference. Without ruining your beautiful car, some exterior modifications could work quite well. With the blk on blk, a rear carbon fiber diffuser, subtle carbon fiber spoiler, as well as a carbon fiber front splitter. Stock wheels are already nice, especially with them being concaved. But what maybe help with the appearance are some spacers to give it a more flush look. imo If you are trying to keep a stock look I recommend my own recommendations lol Also a Meisterschaft exhaust will make it sound closer to an F1 car.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
When I go to the oil gauge on my dashboard it shows about 3/4 and says .7L. Does that mean IM .7L low on oil?
this is oil level, not temperature or pressure, right?
there is ~1 liter difference between the min and the max so it seems like you are 0.7 liter above the min level.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Read the manual! You're .7 above the minimum, assuming it's reading accurately. You'll get a warning at .2. Expect to add a quart of 10w-60 (which is typically not readily available at your local auto parts store) every 500 - 1000 miles, depending on your driving style. Apparently this V10 likes to suck down oil. And leak from the oil cooler onto your alternator.

Bought some 10w-60 today from the stealership in a pinch... $16 per quart. Ouch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts