BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Have a 05 320i with an oil leak. It has caused loads of sensors going, limp mode ect but dont know where the problem is.
So far ive replaced rocker cover gasket, vanos sensors and camshaft sensors.
Codes continually coming up after clearing are
P1056
P1061
P0366
Anyone see anything im missing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delay in replying. I have replaced the valve cover gasket as there was a huge hole inside one of the edges. Now the car wont hold oil at all. Will add 1litre and by the time the car heats up enough to give me a reading its almost back to empty. Will always hold a tiny bit but within 5 mins the litre is gone

·
Need for Speed
560 Posts
Was the hole in the gasket or the valve cover itself? Is the hole still there? Oil leaking from there or somewhere else? If the hole is still at the valve cover, you apparently have a cracked valve cover, and that will need to be replaced as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was the hole in the gasket or the valve cover itself? Is the hole still there? Oil leaking from there or somewhere else? If the hole is still at the valve cover, you apparently have a cracked valve cover, and that will need to be replaced as well.
No valve cover and gasket have both been replaced since i realised the hole was there. No idea where oil is coming from im guessing somewhere near the back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.