BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple of days I've been noticing the low oil level light coming on and off. Today morning when I went out to my car I noticed a big puddle of oil under the car. Checked the oil level and there is no oil whatsoever. It's empty. What could be the cause of this sudden oil leak? How much can it cost to fix? Can I fix it on my own? Thanks for all ur help in advance!!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,227 Posts
Your CVV has gone south (it happens to all of `em). Use the SEARCH function for more info.

·
tappa tappa toit
4,727 Posts
He saw a puddle of oil though... I'm guessing the pan gasket is bad or the oil filter housing gasket??

·
Registered
226 Posts
mine drips slowly i dont bother with in mainly because by the time i need to do an oil change theres still a ton left, thats weird that it just dumped everything out though

·
tappa tappa toit
4,727 Posts
Maybe you cracked the oil pan? But that would be during driving, not while parked..

Maybe someone opened your drain bolt, or it came loose or something.

·
Cogito Ergo Zoom
3,579 Posts
Only way to know for sure is to get under it and take a look. There's all sorts of hoses, gaskets etc. that could cause oil loss if not in good shape. You also could have run over something that might have punctured the pan. Just have to take a look-see.
And obviously, don't start it until you get it figured out and fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts