BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently found that my iDrive said that the engine oil level is too high, i've checked the dipstick and it is indeed a bit over max (around 3-4 mm). Now i drive the car only on short distances and mainly in the city and i've read that the DPF may be a cause for increased oil levels. I have taken the car on the highway and drove around 50 kms at high rpm (3000ish) and apparently the oil level in idrive is now fine (engine oil level OK) but on the dipstick it is still a bit over max .. should I be worried?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would get it checked out because I previously owned a late 2009 Honda Accord tourer and certain chassis numbers were recalled by Honda, with diesel getting into to the engine oil and raising the oil level, apparently when the auto DPF regenerated kick in it was squirting to much diesel into to the DPF, which was then getting into the engine oil and raising the oil level, the dealership change the engine oil and filter and rectified the fault which I believe was a electronic component to do with the regeneration of the DPF.

So yours may have a similar problem diesel in the engine oil is defiantly not a good thing.

·
*Witty short comment here
492 Posts
The problem with electronic oil level sensor that it reads pre-defined values only, each @ 250 ml, so if your oil is 300 ml less than full it will show half and so on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts