Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is approaching 5 thousand miles and I already had to add 1 quart of oil. I checked the oil level today and it seems that I need to add a little bit more again! Is this normal? I know that I probably had to add some at the begining but what the hell is she doing with this oil?? The car drives perfectly, no symptoms, no control lights coming on etc. By the way, I am checking oil levels per instructions in owner's manual, I did obey the limitations of the break in period almost religiously (I sinned only twice at 5500RPM...) and no, I did not change the oil after 3K miles - I am following the manufacturer's suggested intervals (changing oil so often seems to be some American fetish...j/k)
Any ideas? I will be bringing my car for the sticky pedal fix (anyone had it done in the BAY AREA? - where?) so I want to mention this as well and have some arguments. Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Michael330 said:
My car is approaching 5 thousand miles and I already had to add 1 quart of oil. I checked the oil level today and it seems that I need to add a little bit more again! Is this normal? I know that I probably ......
I had to add a quart around 4,000mi - I wouln't worry about it. It also wouldn't hurt to get an oil change now that you're fully broken in.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
It seems like whenever this question is asked it's with respect to the 3.0L.

I've got 65,000 miles on my 2.5L and it has never consumed 1 drop of oil.

·
10,856 Posts
I put in two quarts before 4K miles and none since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts