Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my oil level sensor has been acting up (working intermittently). I have search the internet for details of how to replace and have found the sensor to be mounted to the oil pan (not my exact engine). Looks to be pretty straight forward and an easy replace when doing an oil change. My question is with this being a V8 is the sensor mounted in the same way as the 6? My indy is telling me that the oil pan needs to be removed to replace the sensor.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,480 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Doug. I found exactly what I needed. BTY...sick of winter yet? Looks like we are getting more snow each day until Friday. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Recently my oil level sensor has been acting up (working intermittently). I have search the internet for details of how to replace and have found the sensor to be mounted to the oil pan (not my exact engine). Looks to be pretty straight forward and an easy replace when doing an oil change. My question is with this being a V8 is the sensor mounted in the same way as the 6? My indy is telling me that the oil pan needs to be removed to replace the sensor.
Mine went out on my 4.8 last year.
Very easy to replace, no need to remove the oil pan at all.
Took about 5 minute to replace.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,480 Posts
Never sick of winter! It is my favorite season, quiet, clean, white, lots of time for reading. The only season I would rather do without is the thaw mud.

Snow shoveling dies get tiresome. I shovel by hand a 2500 sq.ft.concrete driveway and three porches. I was feeling poorly yesterday and didn***8217;t notice the snowplow splash ice. So the foot of the drive is too rough to shovel easily. So I am taking the overburden off and salting heavily. I imagine that the whole thing will take four hours.

I either shovel or have to spend an hour on my indoor ***8216;bicycle***8217; mousewheel and THAT is boring. Jordan B. Peterson (***8216;12 Rules***8217;) podcast eases the boredom then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts