BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few weeks ago the wires to my oil level sensor burnt up, I replaced the wires and the oil level sensor. However, when I try to start the car it does not turn over and the dash reads oil level sensor. I have tried reading and resetting the fault codes via the stomp test. After the stomp test I was able to start my car and drive it one time. Since then the car won't start, the oil level sensor message is still on the dash, and the stomp test does not yield any codes (the check engine light doesn't blink at all). I am currently buying a fault code reader tool off Ebay. I am out of ideas and would greatly appreciate some help in fixing the car. I am confident that all the repairs I have made thus far are correct and are working. I think I need to reset the fault codes permanently and this should solve the problem. Any suggestions will be very helpful thank you.

·
Got Beemer?
917 Posts
Could do a hard reset unplug brain and battery for a couple hours and then replug back in. I did that with mine and worked great only got 1444 code for stomp test but of course I was trying to clear inaccurate codes.

Alpina

·
Old School
4,123 Posts
The reset can be good for weird codes and conditions. Join the battery leads (not terminals) together once you disconnect - speeds up the reset process..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.