Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all,
I am looking for information on changing the oil pan gasket on a 2010 X3 28i (X3 E83 LCI) with an N52N engine. I would greatly appreciate your help.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,455 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you, Doug...
I like the quote and, appreciate the response. I went to TIS but don't see the Canadian version there. Do you know which link I should follow within that site? If not, I thank you, still, for taking the time to respond and will go through each one to see if they provide valuable information.

Karl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, guys...
Yes, I used the last 7 alphanumerics as I would with realOEM and am going through the versions shown, today. Although I haven't read this yet, I suspect they will recommend the use of new pan bolts. If so, are these fasteners aluminum, or, aluminum-coated? Just curious. If they are aluminum-coated steel, they must use them for the purpose of galvanic corrosion prevention. Otherwise, one could just use grade 5(metric equivalent) steel bolts and copper anti-seize, in a pinch. Anyway, bolts are cheap!

Thanks for the input...much appreciated.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,455 Posts
they should be aluminum so don't reuse and do proper torque.
+1

Aluminum M8 are 8 Nm + 90°. But you better be certain, trust and verify.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, guys,
your help is appreciated! If it's plus 90 and they're aluminum, the bolts must be taken into the inelastic region. Suggesting they not be reused makes sense, now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts