Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Looking for a project car
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the oil pan off my '99 M Coupe today so I could wire tie the oil pump nut. I'm not so sure that was a worth while project. The oil pump nut was on so tight I had to take a wrench to it to get it off. Any suggestions on anything else I should do to the bottom of the motor while I have it appart? The car see's daily driving, autocross, and track time. It's got about 60k miles on it. I concidered getting the VAC Motorsport oil pan baffle or a Euro dual pickup oil pump. Not sure either of those are worth the money. Anybody install either of these? Was it worth the expence?

·
Registered
230 Posts
While my pan was off I also did the oil pump nut and VAC oil pan baffle kit. I believe it only requires on spot weld, so it's a pretty simple process for a good mechanic/welder. Since doing that I still overfill slightly at autox and track events, but I've not had a single issue with valve ticking (used to occure even with over-filled oil).

My vote is that it's worth it. The euro pan w/dual pickup was extremely pricey when I looked into it, so this was a much more reasonable offering in my low-budget book.

·
Sikkens Autocryl MM
2,808 Posts
Interlocker said:
While my pan was off I also did the oil pump nut and VAC oil pan baffle kit. I believe it only requires on spot weld, so it's a pretty simple process for a good mechanic/welder.
I'd go with the VAC; looks easier to install and I didn't realize they were the same price.

·
Looking for a project car
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to order the VAC piece tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts