BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was traveling over the holiday and her serpentine belt broke and shredded. Once I was able to meet her and see the vehicle, I was hoping the serpentine belt was the only issue. Well I then found a piece of wire that still had the black connector cap laying at the bottom of the lower engine cover plate. I then figured out that it was from the oil pressure control valve. The plastic end piece broke off the valve and also the wire connector broke off. I was able to put on a new serpentine belt, but now my check engine light is on and my OBD II said it was P3401 - Cylinder 1 Deactivation Intake Valve Control Circuit /Open. I realized either there was something wrong with the oil sensor or the pressure control valve. Realized the Pressure Control Valve was broken. See below.

1. Here is the broken oil pressure control valve that the serpentine belt destroyed when it broke and shredded while driving.
Does anyone know where this oil control valve wire wire leads to? I'm needing to try and splice Ina. new wire and find a new connector.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Motor vehicle

2. Does anyone know where this oil control valve wire wire leads to? I'm needing to try and splice Ina. new wire and find a new connector.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Cable

1 - 1 of 1 Posts