Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend says that my 335i IS SO FULL of oil that it***8217;s reading it***8217;s low on oil and that he has to drain it.. and in the mean time I can***8217;t drive it. but my question is, how could that be? Sensors are so sensitive that it wouldn***8217;t read low if it was waaaay too full right? Do you think he***8217;s just saying that to me so I don***8217;t drive my car? We are newly in a relationship and he***8217;s very insecure***8212; the last couple days I had been driving over to hang with my friends that he doesn***8217;t like instead of hanging out with him, so I think he***8217;s just saying that so I can***8217;t. What do you guys think?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,467 Posts
Warranty still? Take it to the dealer. Dipstick? Check with dipstick.

I have a high level alarm AND a dipstick that says level is normal. I trust the dipstick. Trust AND verify.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have a dip stick, believe it.
If you have one of those oil pumps that pulls oil from the valve cover, pull out a quart or two and check the engine oil level.
If its sensors only .. sway to the safe side and pull the drain plug. It's cheaper to waste a couple bucks in oil instead of an engine.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If you have a dip stick, believe it.
If you have one of those oil pumps that pulls oil from the valve cover, pull out a quart or two and check the engine oil level.
If its sensors only .. sway to the safe side and pull the drain plug. It's cheaper to waste a couple bucks in oil instead of an engine.
And lost the boyfriend. Insecure relationships will never work. He needs to grow up, and maybe you too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts