BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between oil service and inspection 1. I thought they both happen at about 15k miles. My OMB only says 1500 oil service. Should it also say Inspection.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
bonrob said:
What is the difference between oil service and inspection 1. I thought they both happen at about 15k miles. My OMB only says 1500 oil service. Should it also say Inspection.
Check your owner's manual.

·
Registered
191 Posts
According to my service advisor:

about 15,000 miles = Oil Service
about 30,000 miles = Inspection I
about 45,000 miles = Inspection II

I'm going in for oil service next week, and supposedly they change oil, oil filter, microfilter, check and top up fluids.

Inspection I is much more comprehensive I think. So I guess by the time Inspection II comes around, we'll no longer be covered by the 3yr/36,000 free maintenance.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
SchwartzBlack said:

Hmmm I was thinking it was Oil every 15K and inspections at every 30K? So every other oil change is also an inspection.

·
Registered
480 Posts
SchwartzBlack said:

I'm going in for oil service next week, and supposedly they change oil, oil filter, microfilter, check and top up fluids.

Inspection I is much more comprehensive I think. So I guess by the time Inspection II comes around, we'll no longer be covered by the 3yr/36,000 free maintenance.
Actually,

It switches off between Oil Service and Inspections. So it would be:

15,000 = Oil Service
30,000 = Inspection I
45,000 = Oil Service
60,000 = Inspections II and so forth......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts